Chapter 13: Day Off

Charlotte's POV

 I woke up feeling a bit better than yesterday maybe a bit woozy but I'm not missing school today. Missing one day is fine by me but two is not. 

I got up and got dressed then headed downstairs and into the kitchen. I poured some cereal and milk into a bowl and started eating. After I was done I waited for about 15 minutes for Drew to come down. 

When he didn't I decided to go up and check on him. I knocked on his door but there was no response. I knocked again and still no response. 

I decided to just go in.

I opened the door and entered to find Drew in bed. 

Why isn't he up?

"Drew, get up." I said shaking him.

He just let out a groan and covered his head with a pillow.

"Drew, come on." I whined and shook him harder.

"What?" he asked rubbing his eyes.

"Charlotte, what are you doing out of bed?" he asked worried as soon as he noticed it was me.

"What are you doing in bed?" I retorted.

"Hurry up. We're gonna be late for school." I said.

"Char, go back to bed we don't have school today." he said walking towards me and picked me up bridal style yet again.

"You really need to stop doing that. And what do you mean by there is no school today?" I asked.

"If I didn't carry you, you wouldn't listen to me. And to answer your other question, it rained heavily yesterday and is predicted to rain again today so the school called saying that today is a day off.” he explained.

He put me down on my bed and tucked me in then kept his hand on my forehead.

"Looks like your fever went down a bit but you still need more rest." he said.

"But-" I started to be interrupted by him.

"No buts princess. Just let me take care of you." he said.

"If I rest for an hour or so well you take me out?" I said.

Frankly speaking, staying in the house for a whole day is tiring and I really wanted to go out.

"I don't know-" he started when I interrupted him.

"Please!" I said pouting.

He let out a sigh then nodded.

"But you have to rest ok?" he said and I nodded enthusiastically making him chuckle.

"Alright sweet dreams, kitten." he said before heading out.

I kept an alarm and then went to sleep.

*~*~*

I woke up to my alarm and got up quickly. I headed to the bathroom and washed my face. I ran a brush through my hair then headed down to find Drew watching TV.

"Alright, I'm ready." I said.

"Kitten, why are you out of bed." he asked.

"You said you'd take me out." I said.

"Yes, but you didn't get enough rest." he argued.

"No, come on you promised." I said pouting.

"Fine." he said giving in then went up to change.

He came back ten minutes later wearing a pair of jeans and grey shirt with a black leather jacket. He looked pretty hot if I do say so myself.

"Alright, let’s go." he said getting out and I followed behind him.