Chapter 18: Secrets Revealed

Charlotte's POV

The party was going on for about two hours now and everyone was enjoying their time and dancing and joking around.

My eyes wandered through the living room searching for a specific boy also known as Drew. I had been looking for him for a while now. I finally spotted him and started walking through the sea of sweaty- slightly drunk- dancing teenagers.

Just as I was about to call him I noticed a girl by his side, the same age as us probably. They were grinning at each other as they spoke and I felt a twinge of jealousy.

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, I was proven wrong when she stood on her tip-toes and lightly pressed her lips on his cheek.

It was probably just a friendly peck but I couldn't help but feel jealous. Then he bent down and kissed he forehead and she laughed and continued talking.

Not being able to take it anymore, I stormed away only to bump into someone. Just as I was about to apologize, I look up and see Jake.

"Hey you! What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh, my girlfriend was invited and she brought me with her," he replied.

"Oh, I'd love to meet her," I stated.

"Yeah, I'm kind of looking for her now." he said.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Melissa," he said.

"What year is she in?" I asked.

"She's a senior," he said.

"Hmm, well when you find her lemme meet her," I said.

"Alright," he replied.

"Well, it was nice seeing you," I said.

"You too," he said and gave me a hug when I got ripped out of his arms and dragged across the room by someone. 

I look at the back of the person's head and realize it's Drew's from the billion times that I stared at him when he wasn't looking. I was confused as to why he was dragging me when suddenly a pair of lips came crashing down on mine.

My eyes were wide open through the first ten seconds before I finally gave in and started kissing back. He was kissing me with so much passion that my knees felt like they were about to collapse under me if he wasn't holding on to my waist.

For a first kiss, it was wonderful. 

He finally let go as we were both in need of oxygen.

Darn you lungs!

You just had to ruin the moment didn't you?

See, this is what Drew is doing to me.

He's making me talk to my lungs!

I might as well be going crazy because of him.

"God, I've been wanting to do that for so long and seeing you in that guy's arms triggered my last nerve," he told me, "Not to mention how sexy you look in that dress."

"Wh-What about the other girl?" I asked. 

Sure I liked him but that didn't mean I was about to let myself get played. Not after all the things I heard about him doing to girls.

"What other girl? “He asked looking genuinely confused but I wasn't going to fall for it.

"You know who. Don't try denying it," I insisted.

"Char, I really don't know who you're talking about," he said.

"Don't lie! I saw you with that blonde girl making googley eyes at each other. She even kissed you! It just happened a few minutes ago!" I said.