|16|

" What? Why?" I asked in distress as my heart dropped. Why does this happen? Why is the world against us?

" Its my father, he's been badly injured and my mother insist that I come back." She stated regretfully as tears gleamed in her eyes.

" I hate to leave at such a time. Especially since we..." she started but couldn't finish as she had overcome with tears.

I pulled her into a loving embrace as I smoothed her hair

" Shhh. It's okay. I think it would be best if you go. It must be very critical if they have a letter" I encourage, but felt my heart slightly ache.

Truthfully I didn't want her to go. Who would want the only thing that truly want to just leave? Especially after you just found it.

" Please don't cry. I can't stand you being in such an awful state" I pleaded as I lifted her head up with my finger. Her hazel eyes were a bit red, but still enchanting as ever. I hate seeing her in distress. I caressed her face as I planted my lips onto hers and kissed her. She kissed me back as it started to deepen.

I broke away from the kiss and we rested our foreheads against each other. We stood there trying to catch our breathe from a delightful exchange.

" You should start packing" I stated though I didn't want her to leave.

" That may be a good idea" she said before she looked me in the eyes before she gave me a quick kiss and then left.

***

I still can't believe that she is actually leaving. I have no doubt in my mind that she will come back, but I will miss her terribly.
Thor stood at my side as we watched Odelia say goodbye to Frigga and Odin.

" I will miss you Thor. I bid you well on running the kingdom. Even though our last encounter I shared some harsh words, I always believed that you would be a great king. I promise to visit." She said with a smile.

" And I will miss you. Have a safe trip home" was all Thor said with a weak smile. I was actually shocked that he didn't try to lay a big one on her or something for his last attempt at stealing her heart. She gave him hug goodbye before she turned to me.

" I wish you the best. I promise I will comeback as soon as I can." She started of before she hugged me.

" Do keep this safe for me while I'm away- Odelia said before she slipped something in my pocket- it's yours anyway"

" I'll miss you. I felt it's been forever since this exact moment had happened when we were younger" I stated with a slight chuckle.

" Those days seem to be a million miles away" I said with a small smile.

" They do" she said with a small smile.

" Well I guess this is goodbye" I stated with a pinch of pain in my heart.

" Yes, but not for long. I promise I will come back. I thank you all for allowing me to stay" she said with a smile.

" Come back anytime" My mother encouraged as she stood next to Odin who remained speechless.

" I will" she said with a smile before she looked back at all of us and then left. If I didn't know any better, I swore I was shot. It will take a while for me to heal, but she will come back. Love will find a way.

I sat out in the meadow by the castle staring out at the blue sky.

It's been only an hour and I feel as it's been forever.

"You mind if I join you?" A Thor asked as he approached me.

" I don't know, are you gonna punch me in the face again?" I responded sarcastically. Thor laughed as he sat down next to me.

" I'm sorry about that. I kind of got caught in the feelings, you know. Like she would have actually considered me as a suitor, but she clearly was not interested." Thor explained.

" And when did you find that out?" I asked.

" When Sif came galloping after me on a horse. The day Odelia and I were to have a nice picnic, until Sif came after me, and I did what any reasonable man would do. Run." Thor confessed. I burst out laughing.

" I wish I was there to see that" I chuckled.

" I'm sure you do."

" What's so wrong with Sif other than the fact that she's madly in love with you?" I asked out of curiosity.

" She's not the one. I'm tired of everyone telling me who to marry and just what to do. I mean I thought Odelia was the one, but then I saw the way she looked at you. And all of that just caused me to become consumed with jealousy. I truly am sorry for my scornful actions. Would you forgive me?" Thor proclaimed.

" Were brothers. How could I not?" I stated with a small smile. We sat there in silence for a bit as I looked out into the open land and sighed.

" You really love her don't you?" Thor asked.

" Is it that obvious?" I asked as I arose from my spot.

" You might as well have I'm in love with her written on your forehead" Thor stated as he stood up too.

" Shut up" I said as I pushed Thor slightly. Thor chuckled.

" Last one back has to go out ask out Sif!" I yelled out as I started running towards the castle.

" You can't be serious" Thor says nonchalantly.

" Am I? I'll just go ask her out for you then" I teased as I sped off to the castle with Thor chasing after me.