|17|

|2 months|

What could have possibly happened for her to stay 2 months. She never wrote me, nor I to her. My heart ached everyday from her absence. It's pain increasingly getting worst by each day. Thor and my mother would occasionally make me feel better, but that wasn't enough. I missed her.

I sat down at my desk and started to write:

My love,

It's been far too long since I've been able to get a mere glimpse at your beautiful face, enchanting eyes, hear your laugh, and your bubbly personality. I hope your father is recovering nicely. I wish the best for you and your family. I can't wait for your return. I truly do hope that we can have a future together.

Love always,
Loki

I slipped the note and then a sudden thought occurred to me. The ring. I pulled the ring from my pocket and stared at it. All the hope that's left lies in this ring. Then I slipped it in the envelope and sent it.

***

Another month past with no answer and long lost hope. I can't believe how much of a fool I was to think that she loved me. All I could think about was her. It was all fake. It's was all an illusion. She was an illusion. She was holding me back from who I really was, what I really was. I am a Frost giant. And I will take my rightful place as king, and as a leader.