|23|

I didn't feel like myself anymore now that she was gone, but I stayed strong for her. I promised myself that I would never turn into that monster again. Thor knew of my intentions and pardoned me from my crimes. Odin, of course, didn't like it.  I stayed in Midgard since her death, 4 months ago. I occupied my time manly as an editor. It was boring, but it paid the bills I guess. At times I regret the job, but it's too late now.

The Avengers and even Doctor strange himself kept a special eye on me, as if I would do anything. But I guess you can never be too careful. Sometimes I don't even trust myself. I was about to leave work when Jessica, a coworker of mine, stopped me at the elevator.

" Tom, could you do me a favor? I really need someone to pick up my daughter from school" Jessica asked as she fluttered her pleading brown eyes.

" Sure. I'll bring her back here once I get her. Let's hope she remembers me from last time" I said with a warm smile.

" Thank you so much" she thanked before she ran back into the room she came from.

I waited in the elevator as it slowly took me down to the first floor. As I waited I had stared at my reflection.

 As I waited I had stared at my reflection

Not bad.

I could be better,but it's not like I'm trying to impress anybody. A ding signaled the doors were opening. I walked out the elevator and to my car. While I drove to Stella's, Jessica's daughter, school I felt this weird vibe. It wasn't good or bad; it was just there. I can't explain it. I tried to shake it off as I arrived at my destination. I awaited for Stella as I leaned on my car. Nothing fancy, I mean I just started out of nowhere in Midgard.

" Come on kids, let's walk slowly and carefully" a caring voice instructed as she led the kids in a single file line to their buses and parents. Her dark brown hair cascaded down her back as she flashed a bright smile practically blinding me. She seemed to glow in the sunlight as her eyes sparkled. My eyes grew wide as her features seemed to match anothers.

" Odelia?" I questioned wide eyed as flashbacks struck me.

" It's actually Ms. Taylor, Lilly Taylor." She corrected with a slight chuckle. I would've known Odelia anywhere. She was definitely Odelia. Why was she denying it?

" Oh, I'm sorry you just reminded me of someone named Odelia" I stated nervously as I started to feel flustered by her appearance.

" Thats all right. So, you must be Stella's father" she suggested.

" Oh, No. I'm single. I'm mean..yes I am single, but I'm here to pick her up and bring her to her mother. She's my coworker." I explained nervously.

" I see" she said with a slight chuckle.

" Mommy told me that you were gonna be my dad someday" Stella said innocently as she chimed into the conversation.

" Is that so..."

" I have no idea what she's talking about. I'm Tom Hiddleston" I introduced as I held out my hand. She shook it as I felt electricity rush through me.

" It's nice to meet you" she said with a stunning smile.

" Likewise" I said as I ran my fingers through my hair.

" Well I shall not keep you. I'll see you tomorrow Stella, and maybe you as well Tom" Lilly said with a slight wave.

" Maybe coffee sometime" I suggested.

" That would be nice"

" Sometime tomorrow?" I asked as I helped Stella in the car.

" After school?"

" I'll be there" I assured her with a wink before I hopped into my car and drove off. All would be great if only she remembered me. It didn't seem like she did, unless she just didn't recognize me. But that electricity, that connection. She couldn't deny those feeling because I felt it to. How is it possible? I watched her die. She died in my arms. What really happen to Odelia?

" So when are you and mommy getting married?" Stella asked from the back seat.

" Never"

" She promised I would be the princess who threw flowers on the ground" she whined.

" I don't know what to tell you" I confessed.

" That you'll marry my mommy"

" For a kindergartener, you know a whole lot" I stated while I was still in shock from the words that came out her mouth.

" My mommy always told me I was smart" she said with a cheesy smile.

" I see"

I need to find out what was really going on. I was so sure that it was Odelia, and if it really was, what happened?