Two Peas In A Pod

I woke up in my bed because he had came and got me during the middle of the night. It hurt to move so I had to ease my way into sitting up. Brandon came in the room displaying his six pack, carrying a tray filled with breakfast food. He was on his way out the door to go shoot hoops with Derrick as planned. Somewhere in me I found the strength to get up and run me a hot bath. As I undressed I avoided looking in the gold, oversized mirror. I didn't want to see the damage that was done only a few hours before. I turned on my music and relaxed in my twelve jet tub. When the water got cold I just drained and refilled.

I had no energy to do anything and I had a wedding that I was supposed to be coordinating at four. I went for an all black look and put on a black dress that stopped right at my knee with my favorite pair of leopard heelless shoes and red accessories. Thank God I got there when I did because my bride was losing her little mind. She was spazzing out on a bridesmaid, giving orders and crying all at the same time. She almost died when her maid of honor told her that the minister was stuck in traffic behind a bad car accident.

By this time the bride was crying big crocodile tears. "Look at me and breathe," I said waving the the make up artist over to me to fix this disaster. "Today is your day. Everything is going to be okay."

I went to help the bridesmaid fix her hair and I found a chair to sit down. I thought that was the end of the drama, but right in the middle of the wedding some guy jumped up and objected to the wedding and professed his love for the groom. Yes, that was the end of my day because he actually ended up leaving with the guy after a meeting with the pastor. I couldn't deal anymore so I went home to try to relax.

When I got home Brandon ran me bath water and we practiced making a baby. Like I said, it wasn't all bad and Brandon's sex game was one of the pluses. I couldn't wait until the day I was a mom. I loved my goddaughter, Peyton, like she was my own. I was so happy when Bre told us they were having a baby. I just didn't think that we were stable enough to have a baby of our own. I didn't want a daughter to think that getting hit was okay or have a son who thought that it was okay to beat a woman. I just kept hoping and praying that it would get better. I wasn't willing to give up so easily on my marriage.

"Yo, we have to roll. We're going to be late for church, Cammy." Brandon yelled as I was walking downstairs caring my Vera Wang tote.

"I'm right here. Let's go." I said walking past him and out of the door and jumped into Brandon's black Escalade.

"Don't take all day after church talking because we're having dinner at my dad's house right after."

"Brandon, I know. I heard you the first ten times that you told me this."

"Who are you talking to?" Brandon asked me grabbing the side of my neck.

"Ow! You're hurting me. I'm sorry"

"Get out. Wait for me so we can walk in together."

As I got out and walked into Messiah Baptist Church I ran into Trent in the lobby. I turned my back to face the door so that I could see when Brandon was coming in. He came right up to me and gave me a tight hug. I tensed up and eased out of his embrace because I was still in pain from Brandon's Friday night workout session. He looked at me with questioning eyes and I looked away to avoid his eyes.

"So I can't hug you? You won't return my texts or calls. What's wrong?" He asked using his hand so that we were eye to eye.

As soon as I opened my mouth to answer Brandon walked in and gave me a knowing look. He and Trent said their hellos and he put his hand on my back guiding me into the sanctuary. Brandon was listening to the pastor preach about love and forgiveness. I was trying to pay attention when I got a text from Trent.