A Love Story

**You can play the song before or after reading or once you get to "I love you."

It had been five days since my "intervention" with Trent. It wasn't a really big deal. I told him it wasn't an everyday thing. It just eased my pain a little bit. I took on the events that would need the most work as a distraction. It worked very well until the fifth day. I went in to the office, but I left because I wasn't feeling it. My nerves were all over the place, I was anxious, and emotional.

I stopped by the store to pick up some things before I went home. As soon as I got in the door my phone went off.

"Ash? Are you okay?" I asked really concerned since Will was looking for her and she wasn't answering my calls or texts.

"Yes, Camille. For the first time in a while, I'm okay. I just wanted to let you know that I'm done with him. For good this time, Cam. He almost caused me to lose my baby."

"You're pregnant?" I asked putting things away.

"Yeah. Nine weeks. I just found out Thursday and I wanted to tell him Friday. He was beating me-" she paused crying, "when I told him. Just before he was about to kick me in the stomach. Daddy Grant was right he doesn't love me. Now I understand why he did what he did."

"I'm happy you're out. Will called here the other day being a fool. Both me and Trent hung up on him. I'm not worried about him though. What did Daddy Grant do?"

"Brandon never told you?"

"Told me what?" I asked sitting on a bar stool.

"The reading of his will. He left me money, a whole lot of money if I would get away from Will. He said he felt that the only way I'd get away from him was death. I stayed because I was stuck on stupid. I got beat because he left me the money. He left Will money only if he let me go because he felt like he's never got going to change."

"Okay. Those are some wild stipulations. So what does this have to do with me?"

"Brandon only gets his money if he's willing to change and be a better man for you. He had to go to counseling and work on his anger. You, Camille, he said you could have your money if you and Brandon worked on your marriage."

"That's blackmail. I guess I won't be seeing that money. "

"Those aren't the exact words, but along those lines. You'd have to call his attorney to get your letter."

"This ish is crazy." I ran my fingers through my hair. "My guess is Will doesn't want his inheritance."

"He wants it. That's why he's trying to contest it. I'm not divorcing him for the money. I'm divorcing him because I want to raise my child. No telling what would happen if he killed me and raised our child alone."

"I understand. I'm happy that you're saving your life and your child's life. Just be safe. I just don't understand though. Why would he want me to stay and you to leave?"

"It's in your letter. This was months ago and no one said anything."

"There's been a lot going on, especially with Brandon in the hospital. But I have to go,sis. I love you and please don't let him know we've talked."

I won't. Keep me updated once you're settled in where you're going. Keep me posted about my niece or nephew, too. I love more, sis. Don't divorce me because you're divorcing him." I laughed.

"I won't. Just don't forget to pick up that letter, Camille."

"I won't. I'll talk to you later. Oh and happ-"

"Don't say it!" I cut her off quickly.

"Right. I understand. Bye, butterfly." She giggled.

"Bye."