In The Middle

From the day I got back until I was avoiding Brandon as much as I could. Somewhere in his mind we were picking up as if none of this happened. He wanted to eat dinner together, go on dates. I was there for business only. He was persistent and he wasn't giving up. He was going to "therapy" sessions, but I wasn't in a place where I felt we needed to be together.

On top of dealing with him, Bre was acting funny towards me for some reason. I never said anything to her about the affair with Trent. Since it was revealed that she was pregnant she had been distant. Of course she didn't know that I knew, but she was acting like I had done something to her. I had to put her on the back burner because I was still nervous about the meeting with Cat.

It was Thursday and I was so anxious to get the whole thing over with. I prayed that she didn't once again screw me over and have hidden copies of the tapes. Brandon had his attorney draw up documents for her to sign. If she didn't sign them she wasn't getting any money. No, doubt she would sign them, but she always had a back up plan. Just as I was thinking of what could go wrong my phone started to ring.

"Bre?" I said into the phone hearing rugged breathing.

"Cam, please come to my house." She said crying and hiccuping.

"What's wrong?" I asked while I grabbed my keys and slid my feet into my shoes. "Bre? Talk to me, hun."

"There's blood. There's a lot of blood."

"Jesus. Ok. I'm in my car headed your way."

I kept her talking while I got to her house. It was only a ten minute drive to get to her and I didn't hang up until I got to the front door. I used my key to get in the house and ran to the bathroom that was connected with their bedroom.

There was a lot of blood on the floor, but I had to focus on helping Bre.

"My baby." She whispered while trying to get off of the floor.

"Baby?" I asked helping her up. I turned the shower on and put helped her in.

My friend was experiencing a miscarriage, a pain I knew too well. She was in pain and there wasn't anything that I could do about it. When I got her out of the shower and into bed I called Derrick to let him know there was an emergency and he needed to come home. I cried while I cleaned up the bathroom because I had relived my own miscarriage. I knew I had to be there for Bre, so I went and sat with her on the bed.

"Bre,--" I started, but was cut off when Derrick came running in the room.

"What happened? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?" He asked looking at her. When she didn't say anything he looked at me.

"Camille, what's going on?" He asked with a scared look on his face.

"She had a miscarriage, Derrick. I'm sorry." I said as he walked over to Bre as she started to cry. He sat with her on the bed and held her as they cried together.

I left the room to give them some privacy. I went downstairs to clean up a little and make lunch just in case they wanted to eat. When I went to the cabinet where the paper plates and other random things were kept a box fox fell down. I didn't think anything of it until I saw that it was a prescription.

"Misoprostol?" I read the label out loud. I but my lip confused because I knew I had heard of it before, but I wasn't sure where.

Bre didn't have any illnesses where she'd need to take medication. I started to put it back, but I looked at the label one more time before I decided to google it. Misoprostol was used as the second part of a medical abortion. If it wasn't known that the person took the pill it would look like a miscarriage.