Unfinished Business

I was scared to confront Brandon. How could he had slept with Bre? When? I was sure that I wasn't stable enough to face the fact that I had her sloppy seconds. Everything in my life was chaotic. To say that I was stressed was an understatement. As I sat there I thought about the fact that the only time I've been truly happy was when I was with Xavier. I know it was wrong, but I was so comfortable with him. The way I felt about him was the way I use to feel about Brandon. At the end of the day I was still married and still in love with my husband.

I felt like I was going crazy. I wanted to pray, but it seemed like the more I prayed the worse it got. Never have I been so conflicted about my feelings for people, decisions, even life. I knew it didn't happen for a reason, but I kept wishing that I could have ended it all. You can't play a game without any pawns. I was at war with everyone including myself. I was tired of the back and forth and wondering who I could trust.

Brandon knocked on the guest room door and entered once I gave him permission to do so.

"Hey." He said standing at the door lining around the room as if he's never seen it before.

"Hi." I responded looking up from my iPad.

"I picked up Panera on the way home if you're hungry."

"Sure. Thanks. I'll be down in a minute." I looked at him with a half smile.

He looked shocked and confused before he nodded his head and left the room. The best way for me to approach Brandon was in a calm manner. Going to him yelling and screaming wouldn't have helped the situation. I knew I had better things to deal with like get ready for my "meeting" with Cat the next day, but the unknown was eating me alive.

"I got your favorite, cheddar broccoli soup in a bread bowl." He told me as he brought it to the table along with my apple and peach tea.

"Thanks." I said and was about to bless the food, but Brandon grabbed my hand and did it. Shocked the hell out of me.

He unwrapped his sandwich and was eating until he noticed I was watching him instead of eating my soup.

"Is there something on my face?" He asked wiling his face with a napkin.

"No. No. Brandon, I need to ask you something and I need you to be completely honest with me."

"Okay. What is it?" He asked picking up his drink and opening it.

"Did you sleep with Bre? Before we got married or during our marriage?"

He slid the chair back and stood up, looking at me with squinted eyes. The vein in his forehead bulged and slammed his hands on the table. Naturally, I flinched at his actions. I started to scoot my chair back just in case I needed to run for my life.

"Breanne? Out of all people? Where'd you get that? Oh, did she all of sudden reveal that to you after what went down today?"

"Yes or no?"

"No, I didn't fu- no I have never had sex with her!" He yelled frustrated. "Hell no. When I told you I didn't like her I meant it. She's for everybody, but you couldn't see that with your loyalty covering your eyes. I know I'm not the best man, but I'm not that man."

"Brandon, it's not like you haven't cheated before."

"I did cheat, but it wasn't with Abortion Barbie, Bre. Why do you think she would send you on food runs and you'd come back to me locked in the bedroom? Or when she claimed she was so sick in Cancun that she didn't hear the shower going in our bathroom? She had no reason to be in our room as big as that house was!"

Brandon kept going on and on about different instances where Bre would try to be alone with Brandon before and after we got married. Bre was my sister I never thought that she would be one to go after my husband. It was all making sense that she wanted to have her cake and eat it too.