Satan's Mistress Part 2

"This is getting old," he said sitting on the couch.

"What do you want me to do?" She asked standing up pacing back and forth.

"Well on top of the fact that your husband owed me money, you owe money also."

"You told me the other night that once we were done the debt would be paid in full." My mom said through clenched teeth.

"No, I told you that Tim's debt would be paid in full." He laughed in her face. "You have to pay attention, baby." He took his hand and lifted up her chin.

It was no secret that my father was addicted to crack. My mom tried as hard as she could to keep it from us, especially me. Eventually she started running out of excuses when he would disappear days at a time or men would stop by the house to take things to pay off his debt. My mom worked so sometimes she would pay the dealers to get my dad's car back if he exchanged it for a hit.

I knew why my dad would owe General, but I didn't know why my mom would even be mixed up with the likes of him. General was an attractive man with his deep brown eyes, standing at about six feet even. He had the smoothest brown skin and the whitest teeth. As good as he looked everyone knew that messing with him was playing with the Devil.

"And how do I owe you money? You said you were 'helping' me out!" My mom yelled at him.

I flinched when I heard a smack that I'm sure went across her face. "Lower your tone when you talk to me."

"I'm sorry, I just don't understand why-"

"Look, I did something for you now you have to do something for me." He said and I could hear him undoing his pants.

"I told you the other day that was a one time thing. I'm not doing that again."

"I don't want you. Where's Princess?" He asked in a tone I couldn't register. I scrunched up my face trying to figure out who "Princess" was.

"Upstairs. Why?"

"Go get her."

I heard my mom get up and walk towards my room. I ran to my bed to pretend to sleep. I didn't know what they wanted me to do, but my gut was telling me it wasn't going to be good. She opened my door, closed it quietly and walked over to my bed to sit down.

"I know you're not sleep, Camille," she said as she yanked the covers off of my head.

"I need you to come to the living room, sweetie."

"For what?" I asked eyeing her.

"I need you to do me a favor really quick."

"Ask Justyce."

"No. She's not even here anyway. I'm asking you. Get up so we can go downstairs, Camille."

I could tell by her face and tone of her voice that she was no longer asking me, but telling me. I took my time getting up, which caused my mom's attitude and demeanor to change.

"Look, Camille, we wouldn't be in this situation if it wasn't for you. Just make this easy for the both of us and do me this favor."

I scrunched my face in confusion. "But I didn't do anything. What are you talking about?"

She didn't answer me, but took my hand and pulled me to the living room. General was sitting on the couch looking at me licking his lips.