Open Minded

"Shannon, I'm in today, but I'm unavailable. If anyone wants a consult they can talk to other planners or wait." I said stopping by her desk before I went to my office.

"Just clients or anyone?" She asked looking up from her computer.

"I'm not seeing anyone today, not even Trent. I know how you are with him, Shannon, don't let him get you fired." I laughed. I actually thought about it. They'd be cute together. Shannon's big round eyes and coke bottle figure. Plus he always had a thing for the dark skinned chicks.

"I get it, Camille. What if the Reverend comes by for prayer and laying of hands?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows then laying her hands on her forehead.

"You know what? I'm not about to play with you today." I walked away from her desk.

"Do not disturb Camille for guests unless it's Pastor Xavier Reese coming to lay hands and speak in tongues." She pretended to take a note.

"You're not funny and to think I was going to put you on with Trent."

"Now you know I was just playin. Camille!" Shannon said as I closed and locked my office door.

I sat at my desk and opened my drawer to grab my phone charger when I saw our wedding picture in a cracked frame. I picked it up, rubbing my thumb across it smiling at how happy we looked. I smiled until I remembered how the frame was cracked. It was one of those days when Brandon was upset that I missed his calls because I was with a client. He decided to talk to me in person along with backhanding me and making me leave early before my face bruised.

I shook my head clearing my thoughts when my personal phone started to ring. It was Ms. Geraldine from the hospital. I already knew what she wanted, but I wasn't doing it. After that Trent called multiple times. Between him and Geraldine I was about to throw my phone against the wall. I put my phone on do not disturb and went to work. About an hour in I started to get anxious and my nerves were all over the place. I reached in my drawer and pulled out a bottle, sitting it on my desk. Just as I was about to unscrew the cork someone started banging on my door.

"I specifically said that I wasn't seeing anyone today. I know I said it because I heard me when it came out of my mouth." I put the bottle back and walked over to the door.

"What do you-" I started to ask until I saw who was at the door. "Hey Zay. What are you doing here?"

"Getting you to open the door." Trenton said pushing passed Zay. "Everyone is looking for you."

"For what? Who is everyone, Trent?" I asked sitting back down.

"Family. Friends. You know it's bad because Derrick called me looking for you. I'm still trying to figure out how he got my number."

"Camille, you really should go to the hospital." Zay said to me.

"For what?" I asked going back to my work.

"Camille, everyone's been calling you because-"

"Brandon's out of his coma." Trent said cutting Xavier off.

"Good for him." I continued to type.

"Camille, he's asking for you. He's been completely awake since Friday. Well that's when Nurse G called me anyway." Trenton said sitting down propping his feet on my desk.

"What fu-" I took a deep breath and looked at Zay. "What does that have to do with me? I'm sure Bre would love to help him out just like she helped him make that baby."

"Camille-"

"Are you here as my friend or as my pastor?" I asked Zay with my head cocked to the side. "Because if it's pastor you might want to remove yourself."