Friends

I had been on pins and needles and restless, real anxious to say the least. It had been a few days since I had Nurse G run that DNA test for me. She told me it could take up to 72 hours before the results would be back. It was late, but after she took the samples I grabbed Peyton's and my things and left. I refused to go to the hospital because the way I was feeling i would have personally made sure Brandon never woke up.

Peyton wasn't adjusting very well. She seemed ok the first night, but the next day she kept crying and nothing I did worked. Finally, I just packed her up and headed to Derrick's office. I knew he was hurt, but he was her father and she needed him. Anything else we would work out later.

I was at Allured when my assistant came to my office to let me know that I had someone who needed my services. I told her to send them in.

"X-Xavier. Hi. Come in have a seat." I motioned to the chairs. "What can I do for you?"

"How are you, Camille?" He flashed a smile at me.

"Delightful. You?" I asked trying to keep my "work face" intact.

"Good. Good. So, word is that you are the best when it comes to event planning."

"I wouldn't say all of that. I just do what I can to make sure that my clients are happy and satisfied."

"Good because sometimes I'm a little difficult to deal with." He laughed.

"I think I can handle it. So what are we planning?"

He stared at me for a while not answering my question. "Xavier?"

"Hmm?" He asked raising his eyebrows.

"What kind of event are we planning for? Are you okay?"

He cleared his throat, "Yeah, yeah. Um, it's an anniversary party for my parents. They're celebrating fifty years together."

"Oh wow. That's amazing considering some marriages don't even last s year these days." I said with a sad smile. "Golden anniversary. So,what are you thinking?"

"I have no idea. Party planning is not my thing." He said and we laughed.

"Well in that case, sir I will handle everything."

"Thanks. I appreciate it."

We went over as many details as possible because I only had a little over a month to plan the entire thing. He was lucky that I work well under pressure. Before he left we had the invitations finalized and ordered for print. He was leaving when he turned back to me looking nervous.

"Hey uh, Camille I was wondering if you'd like to j-"

"I know Trent told you that I'm married. Plus you wouldn't want to ruin your rep before you even start at the church. Even though it's not the best I still respect my marriage." I babbled.

"I just wanted to know if you wanted to join us for bible study tonight at the church. They're having me teach that tonight also."
He smiled.

"Oh." I was clearly embarrassed by my little rant. "I can't make it to noon for sure, but I'll try to be at the evening session."

"Camille, I respect you and I respect your marriage. Don't doubt that. My ego was hurt, but I see nothing wrong with us being friends. We can be friends, right?"

"Y-yeah, nothing wrong with friends. I could use some new ones anyway." I said under my breath.

"I'm serious. No hidden agendas, I don't work that way. Im not trying to run game on you."

"Sure. Okay. I'll see you later, friend." I said smiling at him.

"Later, friend. Text me so I'll know if you're coming tonight."

"Okay."

I worked the rest of the day to keep myself occupied and my mind busy. At the last minute I decided that I would actually go to bible study. I was headed to the church when I got a text from Nurse G to pick up the DNA test results. I was so nervous because I didn't want to face the possible truth that Bre had actually given my husband something I hadn't. I would have had to accept the fact that he lied to me, just when I had hope that he was changing.

I met her at Tim Horton's parking lot just to be on the safe side. We didn't even exchange words as she handed me the envelope and left. As anxious as I was to know, I didn't open the test results right away. I still went to the church even though I was sure that bible study was half way over. I told him I was coming, I didn't really say when. When I pulled up to the church I sat there looking at the envelope.

I bit my lip my lip and grabbed it and ripped it open. I read the results and my heart dropped into my stomach. I couldn't believe that I had just read the same damn thing again.

Grant Johnson is not excluded as the biological father of Love Doe. Probability: 99.99%.

"I can't catch a break!!!" I screamed hitting the steering wheel repeatedly.

I took a deep breath and released it and decided to go in. I could at least make an appearance even if I didn't learn anything. I walked in and took a seat in the back.

"....'Sometimes when you wonder why you can't hear God's voice during your trials, remember the teacher is always quiet when you're taking a test." Xavier said dismissing bible study.

Everyone was walking around chatting, catching up or just leaving. Dazed, I spoke to those who waved. Many of them wanted to know about Brandon's condition or why they hadn't seen Bre. I didn't even have the energy to pretend to care about either of them. Soon the sanctuary was empty and I was stuck in my seat. Xavier was standing up front with his hands in pocket.

"You were late." He said walking towards me. I sat there staring ahead and nodded my head. "What's wrong?" He asked one he got to the pew I was in and sat next to me.

I heard him, but I didn't respond. I put my head in my hands in frustration. "Why does God hate me?"

"Camille, you know God doesn't hate you."

"I'm not so sure anymore. How can so many bad things happen to one person?" I looked at him. "Am I here just to suffer? I've read my bible, I've prayed over and I try to treat people right. I-" Turning from him I closed my eyes and shook my head to keep from crying.

"The Word of God says-"

"I know what it says." I cut him off. "I don't even know why I came here." I stood up. "Can you let me out?"

"You know why you came here. You came because you're looking for answers." He grabbed my hand as I was leaving. "Let's pray, Camille."

I snatched my hand and told him, "I don't want to pray, I can pray for myself. I don't want you to quote me scriptures, i know what the bible says. I've tried this and it doesn't work for me anymore." I walked out and walked outside.

I didn't even go to my car. I went and sat on a bench when Xavier followed me outside. I looked up towards the sky as I felt a raindrops hit my face. Soon rain and tears both slid down my face. I felt arms pull me close snd wrap around me as I broke down. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I was broken, hurt and confused. As quickly as the downpour started it stopped. I was still crying. When I realized that Xavier was praying for me I tried to get up and move, but he just pulled me closer.

"It won't last always." He said holding me with my head on his shoulder.

"I want to believe that, but I don't."

***************************************

Thanks for reading, loves. I know you guys want Camille to be happy and I promise she will get to a happy place soon. Just keep riding with me.

**VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE**