I Know

When I finally made it to Trent's I was shocked to see clothes scattered all over the place. A bra, a thong, Trent's shirt. It wasn't my business so I made my way to my room. Before I could get to the door I heard Trent talking.

"It'll just be between the two of us. We don't have to tell anybody." He said pulling an arm from inside his room.

I walked into my room, but didn't close the door all the way so I could hear.

"We don't have to have to tell Camille."

"Look Bre, it's cool. This will be our little secret." He said and kissed her lips.

"Bre?!" I whispered.

"Come on let's get dressed before Camille gets back." He lead her down the hall with a sheet wrapped around her body.

I went to take a shower not believing that my two best friends were having an affair. On top of that I still don't know why I slept with Brandon. I mean I knew why, but I felt like that decision was going to come back and bite me in the butt.

After my shower I went to sleep hoping that when I got up my life would be a different place. My three hour slumber was interrupted when my phone went off showing I had an incoming call from my sister, Justyce.

"Hey, sissy. What's up?" I asked rolling over so that I was laying on my stomach.

"Hey, love! And stop calling me that. You know I don't like that "sissy" stuff." She huffed into the phone.

Justyce was five years older than me and we were like day and night. Where I was timid and quiet, she was loud and outspoken. Unlike her most of my life I lived to please my mom. Justyce wasn't having her control her life so when she was twenty one she packed up and moved to Cali. She didn't talk to our mom much, but when she did it always ended in an argument.

"What did you do your mama?" She asked getting straight to the point.

"What are you talking about?" I asked pulling up Candy Crush on my phone to play while I talked to her.

"She called me asking me for money. Last I checked her "perfect daughter" took care of her."

I didn't say anything because I knew once I told her why I left Brandon she was going to be here buying me a new black dress.

"So spill it. It's bad enough we haven't been talking to each other."

"I left Brandon." I mumbled and bit my lip.

"You did what now?" She asked and I can tell she was shifting around.

"I left Brandon," I said running my hands through my hair. "He was beating me, Justyce."

"He what?!"

I already knew what was coming. Justyce told me not to marry him. She actually objected at the wedding. She didn't like Brandon and nothing could convince her otherwise.

"I told you not to marry that nigga! Camille-" she paused and took a deep breath. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I've had bruised ribs, forced to have sex, cheated on, and a miscarriage. I'm just delightful." I shrugged my shoulders as if she could see me.

"I didn't tell anyone. Bre didn't even know. I told mom when I first left, but she-"

"Let me guess? The leech told you to go home right?"

Tears fell as I shook my head, "Yep, she said they were just "love taps" and I need to go back."

"'Love taps' my ass! You know what? I'm coming home."

"No, Justyce. It's ok. I'm staying with a friend right now. Trent."

"What about the company? How's that?" She asked.

"He took it from me. Everything is in his name. I was pretty much an employee. It's not even functioning right now."

"Camille, either I'm coming there or you're coming here. You have until five pm my time to decide."

"Jus--"

"I don't want to hear it. I'll talk to you at five." She said and ended the call.

I rolled over and thought about it. I could've used some breathing room. I walked to the kitchen for a bottle of water when Trent walked in.

"What we're you doing last night?"he asked as he grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl.

"The same thing you and Bre were doing," I said and walked to the living room and turned on the TV.

"What are you talking about?" He asked standing in front of the TV.

"Can you please move?" I asked looking around him

"Camille, I--"

"Just stop before you lie." I said peeling my orange. "Just know that I know and now the three of us have a secret."

"It's not like that."

"We'll just know that Derrick is crazy and I'm not sticking around for this bomb to explode."

"He's not going to find out. If he does then Bre will have a mess on her hands."

"I'm staying out of it, but you guys are wrong. Why would you do that? She's married, Trenton!"

"I know, I know." He said rubbing his hands down his face. "She's like my drug though. I just can't leave her alone."

"How long has this been going on?" I asked looking at him as he read and replied to a text.

"Since I've been back." He dry laughed.

To say that my mouth was open was an understatement. I was stuck. I mean I had my own mess and I couldn't add theirs to my mix. Before I could respond he walked away to take a phone call. He was yelling and cussing. It had to be bad because didn't cuss.

"Hey. Are you ok?" I asked looking at him pace back and forth. "Trent?"

"She's pregnant." He said and walked out of the door.

I wasn't dealing with the drama. That would be something they would have to deal with on their own. As bad as I wanted to feel I couldn't because my plate was overloaded.

I made my decision based on the events that just unfolded. I had a feeling something ugly was about to happen and I didn't want to witness it. I picked up my phone and waited for an answer.

"Can you pick me up?"

*Who saw Bre and Trent's affair coming?
*Bre's pregnant. Who's the father?
*Is Camille really leaving?

Thanks for reading!!

***Vote, comment and share***