thirty eight // semi charmed kind of life, baby

"So I met Marie today."

"What? How? Why? Is anyone dead? Should I call the police? Or wait- should I not call the police?"

"No one's dead, technically. Other than Jackson's dignity. That's gone for sure, no hopes of that coming back like ever. She would probably be my new favourite person if I wasn't absolutely terrified of her."

"What'd she do? Actually, I just got a text from her, one sec. Oh my God, is that Jackson?"

"She somehow broke into our house, duct tapped him to a chair, and shaved off all his hair. How? How? I didn't even hear her until it was over? Has she been trained? Is there some super secret assassination league in this town that I'm unaware of?"

"She has a tendency to go too far with the pranks sometimes. She's also really protective. Sometimes these things happen."

"He's bald, Mina. Bald. And she duct tapped him to a chair."

"It actually looks terrible. Was that all he was, really? Good hair? I feel like I'm regretting all my life choices now even more than I was before, and that's saying a lot."

"You think you are? After she assaulted my brother she then found me and pointed a hair clipper at my face saying that if I ever hurt you again what Jackson got would be child's play."

"I want to comfort you and say that she's joking but she's probably not, honestly. I would watch your back. And also, not be an asshole. But apparently you're working on that, you say?"

"Sir, yes, sir!"

"Good. I also received your M&M McFlurry and must say, good work. I'll report back to Marie and you'll probably get to live another day."

"I'm going to get murdered for you and I haven't even met you yet. I'm not trying to say that I'm basically the most romantic guy ever, but Ryan Gosling suck a dick."

"Isn't it weird to think how close we've been to meeting and we never have?"

"I mean, if you don't count all the times I watched you sleep from your closet..."

"I'm telling Marie."

"No! No! I was joking! Please! My luscious locks are all I have! I'm nothing without them! The Perkins line is good hair and good hair only!"

"Well someone's a little full of himself."

"Didn't you say confidence is sexy?"

"I might have mentioned something to that degree. What, are you trying to impress me?"

"Desperately."

"Well then, what's your next move?"

"Could we reschedule that meeting we had planned? You know, the one we had before I was a massive asshole?"

"I think I remember the one."

"So that could be a thing?"

"I think that could be a thing."

"Don't play with my heart, Mina. I'm a very weak boy."

"Do you want to, though? I mean, I know you said sorry, but you seemed pretty... put off, by the entire thing before. I can't change the past. I still dated your brother."

"I know, but it- it doesn't matter. What matters is you're awesome, and by some weird stroke of luck we started talking, and I don't want to let that go. I was being serious when I said that. Nothing's changed."

"Me too. I don't want to let this go either. I- let's do it. Let's meet. What are you doing tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Is that too early?"

"No! No, no way, tomorrow's... tomorrow's perfect. Let's meet. Tomorrow. Wow that feels weird to say."

"I know, but I think I like it."

"I like it too."

"Then it's final. We're meeting. Finally. After all this time, it's happening."

"Promise you won't be disappointed? Because I don't think my dignity can take it if you're disappointed after all this time. Seriously."

"Promise you won't be disappointed by me?"

"Mina, I'm talking about reality here, you know, stuff that could actually happen, so stop talking bullshit."

"The only way you'll disappoint me is if you don't show up."

"I promise, I'll go through machine guns, chainsaws, cool guy explosions, even Marie to get to you."

***

2 more chapters left guys it's ALMOST OVER