thirty nine // i'm not listening when you say

"I swear to God if you're calling to bail on me, I will find you, and I will push you down an escalator. Never ending stairs, Parker. Never ending hell."

"I'm not! I promise! I- wow, you really wanna meet me, huh."

"I'm already at the coffee shop. I've already gotten dressed and hauled my ass here. I've made effort, Parker. Effort that will not go wasted."

"And it won't be! I'm almost there too, I'm just... nervous."

"It'll be fine. We've been talking for months. It'll just be like talking on the phone except now you'll be able to experience my sarcasm in it's full, visual glory. Truly an honour. And it's not like it'll be anything really different."

"Yeah, but like, what if you think I'm weird?"

"I already think you're weird. Problem solved."

"What if I screw it up?"

"Are you wearing plaid?"

"Well, of course I am, I look fantastic in plaid. I'm a winter, you know."

"Great, then just channel your inner lesbian lumberjack and you're set. Also, don't refer to yourself as a winter, pro-tip."

"... Well now I have to think up an entirely new game plan."

"Don't stress about it, seriously. I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to finally meet you face-to-face. It's not like I'm not nervous either, but, I want to. So it's worth it." 

"You're nervous?"

"Of course I'm nervous. And the longer you make me wait, the more nervous I am. You're not standing me up, are you? Because I swear, Parker, if you don't show up-"

"I'm here."

"What?"

"I'm here. I'm outside. I see you, I think. Yep, that's definitely you. Wow. That's you. You're there. In the flesh. As a person. Right in front of me. I can see your face. And that's your face." 

"What? Where? Come in-"

"Mina?"

"What?"

"I don't think I'm nervous anymore." 

***

and you guys didn't think i could draw it out any longer