two.

MONSTROUS.
002. | ❛ physics.

"Wow, someone just blew up New York. During World War II." Crystal said looking down at the stats.

"Think we can all guess who that someone is." Sara singsonged the sentence with all of them knowing who the enemy was.

"Nazis. I hate Nazis." Mick spoke in his short sentences once again.

"Aided by some sort of time traveling ally, obviously."

"Wait, does that mean the Allied forces lost the war?"

"In which case, why aren't we speaking German right now?" Jax asked

"Because we're in the temporal zone." Ray answered as if it was obvious as to why they weren't speaking a foreign language.

"And because it takes time for the consequences of an aberration... even one as cataclysmic as this one, to ripple throughout time."

"So how much time do we have to stop it?" Crystal looked to Rip who seemed to hold all the answers.

"Isn't traveling to that particular time precisely what Rex Tyler told us not to do?"

"Well, what's the alternative? We let New York blow up? It's not like there are Time Masters left to stop it." Sara persisted trying to sway Rip to let them save New York.

"Miss Lance is right, we are history's last line of defense."

"I like the sound of that."

"I'd rather die than speak German."

Rip regained his thoughts before turning to them in despair, "Best case scenario, let's assume that Mr. Tyler is wrong and we all end up not dying in 1942. What if, in endeavoring to save New York, we make things worse?"

"What could be worse than a genocidal fascist nuclear-armed super power?" Martin questioned leading Crystal to pat her hand on Rip's shoulder.

"Relax, Captain. We got this." She walked away to the place where she would seek comfort in on occasions like missions. The library was like a sanctuary for Crystal, it was the only place where she wasn't reminded of Leonard in the slightest. But it still didn't stop her from hiding some of his belongings in the cabinets, somewhere no one could find them.

"Gideon, can you pull up the video?" Crystal asked facing away from the monitor while Gideon pulled it up. She couldn't bring herself to look at the still of the video or even play it, knowing at she would break at the first word or even looking at his clear blue eyes for the first time in months.

"Do you want to press play, Ms.Pierce?"

"No, Gideon. I thought I told you to call me Mrs. Snart."

"My apologies." Her voice disappeared as Crystal still faced away from the video, almost bringing herself to tears over something she hasn't seen yet. She took a deep breath before daring herself to turn around, and be face to face with her lost love. Almost in an instant she started feeling her throat close up, her eyes starting to water only preparing to hit the play button but footsteps were heard approaching causing Crystal to swipe left to get rid of the video.