ten.

MONSTROUS.
010. | ❛ fighting your fears.

"Nice job blowing up the Time Pirate's escape pod. Put another win in the mission column." Ray greeted them with a smile on his face.

"Did you not see what happened next?" Jax asked as Crystal pushed past him with Sara trying to figure out what they actually saw.

"No, I took a break. Had to go to the bathroom." Jax sighed, through his hands up in the air.

"You okay?"

"We were attacked by zombies." Crystal turned back to face Ray with her hands on her hips making her way over to the rest of the team.

"And someone put sprouts on my sandwich." Mick seated himself on the stairs leading up to the common room.

"The Time Pirate's distress call referenced something called a TX-90. It's a futurist bioweapon. The infected's condition represents strongly those things... that... I can't say." Martin stammered in the last part while Sara continued for him.

"And if that infected Time Pirate is out there spreading this virus, then our work is not done here." Sara said.

"No kidding. Having zombies, or whatever they are, running around the Civil War is not a good thing." Nate added on while Crystal saw a ill looking Mick leaning over and falling onto the floor.

"Speaking of not good." Crystal said as she ran over towards him to lift him up with the assistance of Ray. "Let's get him to the MedBay."

Getting to the Medbay, they laid Mick down and hooked him up to check vitals with a clear sweat appearing on his face.

"What's going on?" Mick asked with a gruff tone while Martin, Ray, and Crystal all looked at each other.

"Apparently, uh, you were wounded during our encounter with the infected." Martin broke the news to him.

"Impossible. Those creepy bastards didn't lay a finger on me." Mick refuted while Crystal went to pull down the side of his shoulder to reveal a piece they've missed.

"But they might have gotten in a tooth. Or 30." She pointed out with Mick overlooking his shoulder seeing what she saw.

Mick pulled on Ray's arm bringing him down to him, having the strongest grip on him and scaring Martin.

"Oh, my God. He's already starting to turn." Martin covered his mouth due to his phobia of zombies.

"Ray, you gotta fix me. I don't want to be turned into a frickin' zombie." Mick pleaded with Ray holding a frightening look to Mick, Crystal, and Martin.

Once Mick let go of him, Ray quickly managed to get items to start a cure as the beeping of the alarming vitals kept Ray in a hurry.

"Raymond, please hurry. I don't like the way this is going." Martin held a frightening look.

"You don't like the way this is going?" Mick talked back to Martin, who wasn't at the receiving end of the stick.

"How close are you to formulating a workable vaccine?" Martin kept asking questions while Crystal hovered over Ray's work.

"Very. I think."