fifteen.

MONSTROUS.
015. | ❛ speak easy.

"Special agent Ness has suffered severe hypoxia. It will take some time to reverse his brain damage." Gideon informed Ray, Sara, Crystal, and Nate as they stood watching and unconscious Ness getting fixed by Gideon.

"You can undo brain damage? Why haven't you helped Rory out?" Nate asked.

"Who says I haven't?" Gideon sarcastically replied before Crystal brought it back.

"All right, let's get serious. Obviously, Capone somehow knew that Ness would be the one to take him down." Crystal started with observing what happened at the docks.

"When we were at the docks, Capone said something about having new friends." Ray caught on with Nate presenting another problem that they didn't have a solution for.

"But we have a bigger problem. I mean, another problem. This week, Ness and his team are supposed to obtain Capone's ledger from his bookkeeper. Now the IRS's case against Capone for tax evasion is completely dependent on that ledger." The historian brought to light with Sara tying it all together.

"Which Ness can't grab while he's lying here with brain damage." Sara said.

"Exactly, which means one of us has to take his place." Crystal concluded, as they went to alert the rest of the team of their plan. Being met with the comments of Mick, "That's a stupid idea."

"It's pre-Internet. Nobody knows what Ness looks like."

"Nate's right, I got this." Ray asserted himself with him and Nate going on a back to back fight with who got to be Ness.

"Actually, I was thinking I got this."

"Well, yeah, I mean, if the mission was impersonating Brad Pitt, you'd be the man, but I think we can all agree if anyone here looks like a G-man here, it's me." Ray brought up irrelevant points to the table.

"Well, we're in this situation, because you learned history from a movie." Nate fired back before Sara put a stop to it.

"All right, enough. Ray, I'm sorry, but Nate knows more about this area than any of us." Sara apologized to a signing Ray.

"What's the plan?" Crystal crossed her arms over to get started on bribing Capone down.

"Okay. So if Capone's ledger is anywhere, it's probably at his primary speakeasy, the Chelsea Club, so Ray and I will go to the Bureau, assemble Ness's team, lead him to bust the place up, grab the ledger." Nate snapped his fingers together in a snazzy way.

"Great, take Rory with you." Crystal said with Mick chocking on his water before coughing it up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Does this face look like a cop to you?" Mick laid back down waiting for a response from them.

"If this were a JSA mission, we'd probably also send someone undercover at the club."

"Well, I'm not doing that either. I'm done playing dress-up." Mick commanded, drinking his beer once again and the rest of them team giving up on trying to get him to go on the mission.

"Fine. I'll go the club with Crystal, Jax and Stein, and you can stay here, drink your beers, and watch over Ness." Sara babied him which he was more than fine with as he laid down once again.

"What about me?" Amaya asked while Crystal walked past her, "You can watch over him."

"What?" Amaya said in disbelief.

"Sorry."

[•]

Sara roamed the bar as a waitress while Jax, Martin, and Crystal sat at the bar marveling at the scenery around them even if it was just a bar.

"This place is quite lively, considering we haven't seen a single bottle of alcohol." Martin said.

"Well, Nate said it was a speakeasy." Jax shrugged not really knowing what the term meant.

"Yeah, that's why it's called a speakeasy. You gotta know how to do ask for the good stuff." Sara smooth talked to them, Martin slowly getting the point and asking the bartender over.

"Excuse me, I'd like a club soda, please." Martin asked for and winking at the man before he walked away.

"Here's what I wanna know. Why would somebody from the future be interested in helping Al Capone?" Jax asked

"Well, we're here to find out." Crystal said seeing the bartender come back with Martin's drink, and as he drank it he was in disgust with it.

"This is just a club soda."

The bartender came back again, this time with Crystal's ordered drink. With one sip, she was in paradise with the badly but nicely warmed alcohol. Martin looked at her while she drank, and just shrugged her shoulders, "You got to learn to speak easy."

"Ray, Nate, what's your status?" Sara asked over the comms.

"Be careful, we're coming in. Don't get caught in our net." Nate warned them as that was the cue for them to get out of there. As they got up making their way to the exit, they encountered the man held responsible for Laurel's death.

"What are squares like you doing in a place like this?" Darhk asked the three of them before Sara uttered the first word.

"You."

"Jefferson." Martin said as he went for Jax's had before being scattered by a flashing force.

"What the hell?" Jax said at his new location away from Grey. Crystal watched as the speedster took Sara as she was lunging towards her.

"Jefferson, Crystal, the speedster is here, run!" Martin warned before also being taken, and quickly being face to face with the speedster. Jax jumped over the bar as Crystal sped away to where Jax was.

"Nobody move! Federal officers. You're all under arrest for violations of the Volstead Act." Nate voice echoed and the both of them were soon pulled up by an officer with a strong grip.

"Hey, take it easy, those are our inside people." Nate said as the officer let them go, Crystal rubbing her wrist to where she was held.

"Considering this club's as dry as the Sahara, I'd say you need a new inside guy, special agent Ness." Crystal started making her way over to Ray, whom she hugged for a reassurance of safety.

"Yeah."

"What the hell's happening in here?" Nate whispered before Crystal answered.

"Damien Darhk showed up with the speedster. They took Martin and Sara."