eighteen.

MONSTROUS.
018. | ❛ camelot.

"Okay, even assuming the Legion took the Spear fragment from here, how did they know it was here?" Nate asked as he circled around the office.

"Without the medallion, you mean." Martin added on.

"Rip must've told them. Somehow, he remembers where the pieces of the Spear are." Sara pieced together as Crystal continued to stand alongside her.

"Well, then it's a good thing you let him escape." Amaya let out under her breath, causing Crystal and Sara to look over to her.

"Do you wanna say something to me?" Sara titled her head to be in sight of Amaya, who got out of her seat and gladly said what was wrong.

"Jax told me about how he was gonna kill Rip in 1776, and about how you stopped him."

"Because we're not killers, Amaya." Crystal answered standing front to front with her, protecting Sara even though she didn't need saving.

"Except for yourself and Mr. Rory, Sara and..." Martin sensed he wasn't helping the conversation and lowered his voice to a whisper, thanks to the ladies stare. "I'll stop helping now."

"I'm not condoning murder, but the JSA would've captured Rip without regard for sentiment." Amaya continued as Sara emerged to her comment.

"You think I let Rip go, because of sentiment?"

"Yes."

"All right, let's just all take a breath." Nate said, trying to help but knew they weren't going to back down.

"I'm sorry that your friend got killed. And it may be sentimental, but my team comes before tactics." Sara said.

"And as a result, you've put the whole of reality at risk. Maybe this is why your team loses so often." Amaya jabbed and leaving the space, while Sara and Crystal stood flabbergasted at the insult of their team.

"Pardon the interruption..." Gideon announced while Crystal let out a sigh of relief that she wasn't going to pursue this topic any further.

"Excellent timing, Gideon." Martin spoke.

"Your daughter Lily's algorithm has identified a location for another piece of the Spear."

"Well, when it rains, it pours."

"Where is it, Gideon?" Crystal asked going over to the screen.

"A small island known as Britannia in the year 507 AD." Gideon said as she pulled it up on the screen, to where today resembled Great Britain.

[•]

Crystal headed to get a cloak from the fabrication room, with Nate and Ray getting their accessories for he Medieval period.

"Medieval England. See, this is what I'm talking about... a nice, well-documented piece of history." Nate said as he pulled out of the fabrication room as metal hand.

"Knights in shining armor, damsels in distress, and best of all, jousts." Ray said pointing with his sword again, getting too close to Crystal as she caught it in her hand and twisted it out of Ray's hand.

"No damsels in distress here. More like knights with too much testosterone." Crystal examined the sword before giving it back to Ray.

He let out a playful grunt while Nate came over to the newly couple, "Heh, well, jousting didn't appear in England till 1300 AD."