thirteen.

MONSTROUS.
013. | ❛ dinner.

They all strutted into the state dinner, wearing the fanciest dress and tuxes being met by Obsidian. Once inside the state dinner, they thanked him and dispersed into the hall. Crystal stared at the dancing that was ensuring with Martin dancing with his younger wife, while she drank champagne and spit it back into her glass before setting it down.

"Crystal, do you want to dance?" Ray asked with his arm extended, sparking Crystal's interest and graciously accepting it being led to the dance floor.

The two danced while staying in cover but still having fun while they swayed. "Why have you invited me to dance, Ray? You're not like one to dance the night away."

Ray swirled Crystal around and seeing the small smile appearing on her face when she came back into his grasp, "Well, you're the one to enjoy dancing and can't help but make my captain happy."

Crystal blushed slightly before making the rosy cheeks disappear, "Always looking out for me," and then she raised her eyebrows, "How come you're such a good friend to me?"

"You've been through a lot and believe it or not, you're one of the sanest and possibly the one with the best advice. Always comforting everyone of us, taking care of us, basically being on top of your teammates problems. And with being a captain, you need a friend. Being a good friend comes with great responsibility." Ray assured her as the song ended and Sara announced their gam plan.

"Mick, Ray, guard the exits. And everybody else, get ready to move."

[ ]

"Hand over the box. And the kick-ass CD-ROM." Nate said to Darhk and the Soviets who lifted their guns up to them.

"What is this?" The Soviet asked through his thick accent and then continuing to speak but in Russian, causing the rest of the men to point their guns at them.

"He thinks we're working with Darhk."Nate whispered

"Never."

"No one has to get hurt." Crystal said knowing that they would result to violence either way.

"That's not really my style. Now, we can waste time chit-chatting, or you can deal with the explosive my people have secreted inside the State Dining Room. See, in about six minutes, Reagan, Gorbachev, and every hope of peace goes kaboom."

"Ray?" Crystal touched her comms alerting him and receiving a response, "We're on it."

"I am sorry... inconvenient, I know, but try being me." Darhk said before shooting one of the Russians and proceeding to attack and disappear.

Crystal attacked by throwing punches at the men, taking them out one by one alongside Sara. And whle they cleaned up the men with their punches, Nate alerted them about Darhk's disappearance. "I got this. Go stop Darhk."

The two nodded at Nate and started running after him, but shortly encountering a huge man who quickly ran them over into a cabinet. "Good new, I found the bomb. Bad news, this type of firing system is obsolete." Ray said over the comms as Crystal and Sara rubbed their heads beforing getting up.

"Figure it out, Ray. We're a little busy." Crystal said before she charged at the man, knocking him down to the floor and quickly getting up about to tackle them again when Sara led him into a choke hold, making him slip into unconscious.

When they came into the sight of where Darhk was, they could see Amaya and Todd on the floor from a bullet taken of his gun. Sara came face to face with Darhk as Crystal proceeded by her side, knowing that she'd need assistance.

"You and I have met before. New York City, 1942. You haven't aged a bit. Lazarus Pit? But you're friend, I haven't met." Darhk continued o talk as they remained quiet. "Oh, women of mystery. I know that look in your eye, though. That's the look of someone that I've taken everything from." Darhk referred to Sara, who was putting on a brace face and not letting her vengeance get the better of her

"Not everything. You haven't taken my soul, which I've already lost, and I'm not eager to do again. And that's why I'm sparing your life."

"How merciful of you." Darhk thanked in a sarcastic manner

"I'm sparing you to prolong your suffering. 'Cause I'm from the future, Damien, and I know how this all ends. Your ark, your grand vision. Just as you're about to accomplish everything you desire, your wife is murdered, the love of your life. And in total despair, you even try to kill your own daughter. An entire city rises up against you, and then you die... defeated and alone." Sara ended but being cut off by a spark of lightning passing through and swiping Darhk away leaving the two woman standing their

Nate came into their vision, "What happened? Where's Darhk?"

"He took him. The time traveler working against us..." Crystal started but finishing with Sara

"He's a speedster."

"Like the Flash?" Nate asked but org of them knew that it had to be something faster than normal.

"Faster."

"So the speedster and Darhk, they have whatever the KGB gave Darhk?"

"Unless..." Crystal said

"Unless?"

"I swiped it off Darhk." Crystal reached into her pocket and showed it to them.

"Shut up." Nate said in disbelief as well as Sara, "Can I hug you? Do we hug?"

Crystal nodded as she opened her arms to let both Sara and Nate in, "Okay, just this once."