Chapter one-Alarm Clock

Ok, after not sleeping all night I think I might be finally falling asleep...

Wait for it...

And...

Beep! Beep! Beep!

I rolled over and slapped the alarm clock. "stupid alarm" I mumbled as I reluctantly began slowly rolling out of my warm comfy bed.

Beep! Smack! Thud!

"oops", I said as I examined my now broken alarm clock laying at my feet. The batteries had spewed out across the floor. A jagged crack was now present where the clock had hit the floor. This had been the second alarm clock I've broken this year. Mum wasn't going to be too happy.

I walked my way like a zombie to the bathroom. My socks scratching across the carpet on my way to the door. From the weight of my heavy eye lids, I could tell I was going to have a long day ahead of me. If only I didn't have so much trouble sleeping at night. Thank you insomnia.

I often had this trouble because of my messed up mind. Last night, I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. I know its stupid to think this, but it just happens. The paranoia takes over, crawling through the darkness of the night and I'm left there knowing it's not real. However, your body stiffens and you can't escape the thoughts and the feeling sitting on your gut as you curl the blankets into a warm embrace. Unfortunately, just like paranoia, school also has to happen whether I liked it or not.

I didn't like school. I mean who would care if maybe one day I left the face of the earth. I'm a nobody. A fly on the wall. I was never the loud popular kid. Apart from my parents who were constantly working to pay the bills, the only people who knew my name were my teachers and my bullies. Even then, my bullies didn't bother too much to remember that my name is Elliot.

After going through the same old boring morning routine, I began to walk my way to school. Clifton High school: its hell in disguise.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, so this is going to be the first novel I've ever written. I just hope this novel doesn't suck. The only story writing I've ever done before is a 600-800 word short story for English so if the chapters are too short please bear with me.

I'd love to hear any comments you guys may have.

Hope you enjoy my story.