Chapter sixteen-Mum, You're Embarrassing Me

Ok, so mum has just met Cassidy for the first time. I sat behind the corner on the bottom step of the staircase, mentally preparing myself to die of embarrassment. If only Cassidy knew what my mother was like.

"Elliot, you didn't tell me you had a pretty girl coming over," my mum smiled as she popped her head around the corner.

I hung my head as I walked to the kitchen where Cassidy was waiting. There was no point trying to get rid of my mother. She was going to hangout with me and Cassidy whether we liked it or not.

I entered the kitchen and Cassidy and I greeted each other with a friendly hello and a hug.

"Awwww," loudly cooed my mother as Cassidy and I hugged.

After our hug, Cassidy couldn't help but laugh at the annoyance written all over my face.

"How about I get us all a drink and a snack and you and I can get to know each other better," beamed my mum, looking at Cassidy.

I just knew how this would turn out. Mum would ask Cassidy some questions and tell me just how sweet and amazing Cassidy is after every question. Then mum would babble on of how Cassidy would remind her of her younger self. My mum would then insist on telling Cassidy all about me and I mean all about me.

The first time I had a friend over was in grade 2 and mum sat there showing my friend every photo she had of me with a detailed explanation about each photo. I don't think my friend back then was overly excited about  hearing about how hard it was for mum to get me to eat my dinner every night.

After Cassidy had heard everything about me she would be so annoyed with my mother that she would leave, only to possibly reschedule us hanging out at her place instead of mine. Usually they never rescheduled but you can always hope.

However, this time, after Cassidy had clearly grown impatient with not getting to spend time with me, my mother had to ask another question.

"So, how long have you two been dating," my mum asked with a smile.

My head dropped into my hands. Cassidy looked away from me due to the awkwardness that filled the air.

"Mum we're not dating," I grunted, "Come on Cassidy, lets go up to my room."

Cassidy and I headed up to my room as I apologised for my mother.

Cassidy and I didn't really get to hang out too much after that as she had to head back home. So much for hanging out.