Chapter twenty-Poetry Night

Ever since the first time Cassidy had taken me to that poetry night, I had been dying to go again. It was such a great experience.

I never even thought I would be able to stand in front of a crowd let alone recite a personal poem in front of a crowd. But I guess you could say Cassidy had done it. Because of her, I could do anything. I was invincible. Well, not entirely invincible. It's not like I'm Batman or anything.

I headed outside and was sitting on my front steps waiting for Cassidy to pick me up.

5 minutes passed. She'll be here in a minute.

I was so excited to go back to the poetry night. I wish she'd hurry up.

15 minutes passed. She's just running a little late. She'll be here soon.

I sat there watching each car as they drove past. Yet no set of headlights belonged to Cassidy.

20 minutes passed. Where is she?

I thought that she would be here by now, right?

30 minutes passed. I should call her. She shouldn't have taken this long.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed her number. Don't ask me how I remember her number off by heart. I just do.

It went to message bank. That's strange. Cassidy always picked up almost immediately.

I called again and again and again...

There was no answer.

It was getting a little chilly outside so I headed back inside. I'll just talk to her about it tomorrow.

It's just that it made no sense...

Cassidy was punctual. She had a fear of being late to anything. So why wasn't she here?

She wouldn't have forgotten. She texted me just before she left her place. She was the one who made sure I didn't forget.

And it's not like she got lost or anything. She knows where I live. She even has a GPS in her car. She entered my address into her GPS the second time she drove me home. I watched her type it in.

"I thought you were going out," questioned my dad.

"I was but she hasn't showed up. I don't know why," I answered.

"Did you call her," asked my dad.

"Yep, tried that. Not once did she pick up," I sighed, plonking myself onto my bed.

My dad could see the concern in my face.

"Don't worry yourself too much," said my dad before leaving me to be in peace.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, why do you think Cassidy didn't show up?