Chapter eleven-Mystery Location

Homework; how I loathe it. Unfortunately, homework is non-negotiable. I was slaving over my second lot of homework that night when I was rescued by the bell. The door bell.

I bolted to the front door; happy to have an excuse from doing homework.

I counted to three Mississippi before attempting to acknowledge whoever it was who had rocked up to our house. I was trying not to appear too excited to be answering the door.

"Hello," I said in a smooth tone as I opened the front door.

My looked quickly turned quizzical as I realised who was standing there. It was Cassidy. Cassidy Millers was standing at my front door at 7pm on a Thursday night wearing a black dress and denim jacket instead of her usual jeans and hoodie.

"You ready to go?" she asked, flashing me another one of her signature grins.

I looked down at Marvel PJ pants and back up to Cassidy.

"Umm...I didn't know we were going somewhere. I think I might be ready for a pajama party though, if that's where we're going," I replied unbeknownst of why Cassidy was at my house.

"I just thought that I might surprise you by taking to out to a place I think you might like and no Elliot, its not a stupid pajama party," Cassidy explained, "Now go get dressed into something reasonable and make sure you bring your poetry book."

I headed back to my room to follow Cassidy's instructions. Mum was at work and dad was asleep so I didn't bother trying to tell them I was going out. It wasn't like they'd notice the absence of my presence anyway.

Ten minutes later, Cassidy and I started driving off to the mystery location.

We soon arrived at a cafe in the middle of town. It was a small welcoming brick building and from the outside it was very much like any other stereotypical cafe.

I walked in not knowing how packed it would be. There was a small stage at the opposite end of the cafe and many people sat at the booths and tables. I felt a strange french atmosphere in the place. After getting a cup of coffee each, Cassidy and I found a small table towards the back.

"So, Mr. Poet, ever been to a poetry night before?" Cassidy asked.

After I shook my head, she continued. "All the poets come here every fortnight. Some of its gooey romantic old stuff, some of its modern slam poetry and as of tonight some of its going to be your poetry."

I tried to protest but she only cut me off. "Don't even think about complaining to me. Elliot Flinders, you are going up there and reciting some poetry for me. I'm not driving you home tonight unless you do. You'll love it, I promise."

I could tell this was going to be an argument she wasn't going to let me win. After listening to a few poets, I got up. Its not like I had a choice though. Cassidy was almost running to the stage before I could stop her and had introduced me over the microphone as Mr. Poet.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Haha, almost forgot to publish a chapter today. Been a real busy day. Too much running around.