Chapter three-Math Naps

Math class was my last class of the day and by far my least favourite. I'm not sure if anyone in our class liked the teacher. Our math teacher, Mr Jenson, surely had to be the grumpiest teacher in the school.

He was a small plump man. Greying hair and thinning roots clearly showed he was getting old. But the one strange thing about him was that he always had a strange stain on the collar of his button up shirt. Some days it looked like mustard, other days barbecue.

I unwilling trudged into the classroom. My eyes were fixated on the back corner. I knew my concentration level would be low due to my lack of sleep and Mr. Jenson's monotone voice wasn't going to help that.

"Flinders," Mr. Jenson grumbled.

I turned towards the teacher; barely making eye contact with him.

"Drink in the bin now," Mr. Jenson ordered with a disapproving look.

My mouth slightly opened at his request. I hadn't even drank half of my iced coffee and now he wants me to put it in the bin?! Does this teacher really want the chance of me falling asleep in his class to increase? I hesitantly put my beloved drink in the bin before making my way to the back corner of the classroom. Rest in peace ice coffee. Rest in peace.

After the class had gotten seated, the teacher began writing the lesson up on the board. It was algebra, everyone's favourite. It wasn't until mathematicians and Einsteins to be had decided to mix numbers and letters that I became clueless as to how to do simple sums. I watched as the kid in front of me gaped and quickly complained to the girl next to him about the amount of questions Mr. Jenson was writing up onto the board.

I think it only took about 10 minutes after the teacher had began the lesson before I fell asleep...

My math nap was peaceful and calm.

And then came the storm...

"Elliot Flinders, wake up!'' bellowed the teacher as he slammed his hand on my desk.

I flinched.

I could feel the piercing stares as everyone in the class turned around.

I gulped. I began slowly lifting my heavy head. I looked up at Mr. Jenson's eyes with an uneasy smile across my face.

Mr. Jenson remained staring down at me. I think he maybe waiting for an apology. I quickly scanned the room. I couldn't find an escape from my far from impressed teacher.

"YOLO?" I announced in an questionable tone.

The room filled with laughter. No one could believe I had tried to joke with Mr. Jenson of all teachers.

"DETENTION AFTER SCHOOL!" Mr.Jenson yelled before turning his back to me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, I've just realised that some words (such as realised, favourite, mum etc.) may seem like they are spelt wrong but just remember I'm an Aussie. This is how we spell words.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed my chapters have slowly gotten longer each time?