Chapter two-Fallen Books and the Mystery Girl

I dragged myself up the front steps of hell. Out of all the places I could be, school wasn't at the top of my list.

I had just walked past the first classroom when I dropped my books. One of the stupid football players had decided to shove me as he walked past, causing my books to scatter across the ground.

I could hear laughing behind me.

"Quit dropping your books loser," chuckled one of the footballer's mates.

I shot a quick glare behind me before beginning to gather up my scattered books off of the ground.

And that's when I saw her.

She wore an oversized grey hoodie and her blonde blunt fringe swept across her forehead. She smiled at me while she picked up one of my books.

And another book.

And another book.

I stared at her in amazement as she helped me. This wasn't what usually happened when some pavian knocked me and my books ended up hitting the ground. She cocked her head at me as she noticed me staring at her.

"uh, sorry...um, " i mumbled, "I-I'm not used to, I mean usually".

"It's ok, I think I know what you're trying to say," she said cutting me off with a smile and handing me back my books. I noticed just how petite her hands were as I grabbed my bundle of books. God they were small. Then again surely her large grey hoodie must have been masking how small the rest of her was. She wasn't too tall. She was only up to my shoulder.

"thanks," I smiled back.

"Anytime, brown eyes. If another jerk knocks you again remember to tell me and I'll knock 'em to ground for you" she beamed.

I laughed. She had a pleasant look to her. Too kind to cause any harm. Especially to a footballer twice her height.

After all my days at high school I'll probably admit this is my least miserable moment.

"Miss Miller," The arts teacher, Miss Leary, called out, "Darling, I really need your help"

Before I could ask the mystery girl for her name, she had zipped off to Miss Leary. Well, before I could ask her what her first name was at least anyways...