Chapter twenty three-What do I do?

After the art show, I was left at a cross-road. I don't know what to do.

It hurt. Alot.

I couldn't handle that stranger recognising me from the paintings. It wasn't because I didn't want people knowing those paintings were of me. It was because it was hard enough seeing the paintings.

The paintings meant that I had been a part of Cassidy's life That she had been a part of mine. All those memories of a short friendship and an even shorter relationship.

Cassidy had played a great influence on my life. Cassidy was a part of who I am. Or at least who I was.

A tear ran down my cheek.

Miss Leary had been right. I was a part of Cassidy's legacy. I can't change that. I can't throw that all away.

It's hard though.

I've become a complete mess. I want to just shut down completely but there's a small part of me that has to keep going. Do I listen to that voice? Do I listen to Miss Leary?

Or should I just forget about it all...?

I don't know what to do? What do I do? I don't know how Cassidy did it. I don't know how I could keep going. I don't know how to be that burst of colour all by myself.

I walked through the main street. I walked by the cafe where she had taken me to the poetry night. I didn't even look at the building as I walked past.

I kept walking through the street. Its amazing how you can be in the same proximity as people and still be many worlds away.

I soon came by a florist. There was a lovely bundle of flowers in the front window. The bundle of flowers were a burst of colour.

Lavender, tulips and carnations. Gerberas, violet and gladiolas. Even a red, red rose. It reminded me of Cassidy somehow. Maybe because the bundle was so colourful.

I strolled into the florist and bought the bundle of flowers. After walking out of the florist, I called a taxi.

I soon came to a stop at my destination. I got out and began walking up the driveway. I stood there for a moment before I decided to go through with my idea and knock on the front door.

Cassidy's mum opened the door. She smiled when she realised who I was.

I handed her the big bundle of flowers I was carrying. She cried. I gave her a wobbly smile. Cassidy's dad came to the door. He gave me a thankful smile. Cassidy's brother came out from around the back. He came up to the door, stood there looking at us for a few brief moments and hugged me.

And that was that. That was the moment I had decided to keep on going.

Cassidy had gotten me to my feet in my worst times. I wanted to give something back. Bringing some burst of colour to Cassidy's family was going to be just he beginning it all. I wanted to continue Cassidy's master plan. I wanted to bring a burst of colour to people's grayscale world.

Because at some stage we all have a grayscale world whether that grayscale comes from mental illness or a loss of a family member. In every grayscale, colour can be brought.

The End