Chapter seven-The Art Room

Cassidy had dragged me half way across school before we came to a halt outside of the art room. I hadn't really been in this room before. I guess you could say, I wasn't really an artsy person.

I shot another confused look towards Cassidy. She wasn't even looking at me. You could tell she was fully focused on whatever was going on inside her head. You could just see the cogs spinning away in her head as that busy mind of hers kept chugging. She still had that stupid smile on her face though. How someone so small can hold so much cheer, who knows?

She pushed open the door and barged in with great confidence.

I didn't move.

She stop in her tracks and whipped back around to me.

I didn't move.

She crossed her arms and began glaring at me.

I didn't move.

She grabbed my armed and began dragging me once again.

I moved.

Cassidy had the energy of a four year old. Heaven knows what her secret to being so energetic is. I wish I had that much energy sometimes. Maybe then I could almost yank her arm off and see how cheerful she was then.

I had no idea what this girl was going to do but what ever it is, no matter how innocent it might be, I'm not sure if I want to know what this master plan is.

She grabbed a stool from one of the desks and sat it by a blank white wall.

"sit," she demanded, pointing to the stool.

I gulped and reluctantly sat down.

"good boy," she smiled as she patted my head.

She had already turned her back to me before I could death stare her.

She quickly came back with a shiny silver object.

Oh no...

She came closer and slowly lifted her torture device.

"Whats wrong with you? You look like I'm going to kill you" Cassidy smirked.

"B-but t-that thing in y-your hands!" I stuttered.

"It's just a camera! Calm down!" Cassidy responded as she rolled her eyes.

I hated cameras and getting my photo taken. I froze at her words. My look of fear melted into a poker face. I didn't dare speak.

Cassidy looked at me and smiled with satisfactory. She bit her lip as she approached me. Laying her cool hands against my warm cheeks she tilted my head and lifted up my chin. Her smile even brighter than before. She began leaning in closer.

"Grayscale, what does it mean?" she whispered into my ear.

Before I could even speak, she silenced me; placing her finger against my lips. I watched as she slowly backed away and lifted the camera to her eye.

Click!

Her smile changed as she looked at the photo she had just taken of me. She still smiled  but it wasn't the same. It wasn't confident, quirky nor happy. It was a smile of a creative mind at work.

What in the world was this girl planning?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Books_Hearted for making me a wonderful book cover for Grayscale. You're the best.