Chapter fifteen-Seeing Cassidy for the First Time

Mum and dad weren't overly ecstatic about my suspension from school; however, after dad and I had a chat about it, dad didn't seem to care as much as mum did.

Mum was feeling a bit sick today, so she didn't go to work. It was 3:30pm, I had only just remembered that Cassidy was coming over after school.

No way in the world could I let my mum meet Cassidy. It would be hell. Since high school started, I've only had Cassidy come over and mum doesn't even know that Cassidy's been here.

Who knows how many times mum complained about not meeting any of my friends. Cassidy was pretty much the first real friend I've made in high school and mum would make such a fuss that one of my friends came over let alone a girl. I couldn't let Cassidy come over while mum was home.

I was just about to call Cassidy when...the doorbell rang.

I hurried down the stairs to the front door. It probably seemed suspicious that I was in a rush to answer the door but oh well, right now I couldn't waste one second in my attempt to stop Cassidy from meeting my mother.

Today though, it seemed I was out of luck. I was almost off the staircase when I tripped. Both the door bell and the loud thud of my trip had alerted my mother.

"You ok there," my mum asked as I got off the floor.

"Yep, all good," I replied,"You can go back to watching your show. I've got the door."

Sadly, my mother ignored me when I told her I'd answer the door. I watched in fear as my mum opened the front door.

A smile grew on my mother's face as she shooed me away with her right hand which was behind the door and out of sight from Cassidy. I slumped myself behind the corner on the bottom step of the staircase. My mission had failed.

"You must be here to see Elliot, right? I'll go get him for you. Come right in dear," smiled my mum before pointing Cassidy in the direction of the kitchen/dining room.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Writer's tip #1: Don't try writing a chapter, when you have the munchies. It'll take even longer to try to write the chapter.