Chapter eighteen-Did That Really Just Happen?

Cassidy stood there in silence for a few moments after the stranger left the art room. Miss Leary and I looked at each other then back at Cassidy. Cassidy hadn't even blinked.

"I'M IN THE ART SHOW! I'M IN THE ART SHOW! I'M IN THE ART SHOW," suddenly squealed Cassidy, jumping up and down in excitement, "DID THAT REALLY JUST HAPPEN?!"

My eyes flew open at the sudden excitement of Cassidy. I don't think Miss Leary was expecting it either.

"Congratulations Cassidy. I'm so proud of you," beamed Miss Leary.

"Same," I whispered into Cassidy's ear, picking Cassidy up as we hugged.

"Maybe Elliot just might be a keeper," Miss Leary smiled at us before leaving the room.

What is with that woman? What does she mean? First of all she implies I was the reason Cassidy was held up and now she's saying I'm a keeper. I hadn't ever even talked to this teacher before. What has Cassidy said to this woman?

Cassidy looked up at me with her head tilted to the side.

"She's right maybe you are a keeper," Cassidy bit her lip as she looked into my eyes, "I love you Elliot."

I stared at her in surprise. Did that really just happen? Did Cassidy Millers just tell me she loved me? I tried to say these words out loud but I was speechless.

All of a sudden I felt her lips pressed up against mine. I kissed her back.

She slowly drew away. I was still trying to get some words out. She must of been able to tell because all she did was smile followed by a brief laugh.

I was almost able to say 'I love you too' but before I could regain my speech, Cassidy just walked out of the art room and left me standing there.

The next few minutes were much like Cassidy's sudden excitement. I stood there in silence as I took everything in that had happened during the last few moments. Then I exploded.

"HALLELUJAH!" I yelled, suddenly springing to life. I was glad no one was in the room because I would have blinded them with my terrible dancing that then followed my yelp of delight.

After finally collecting my cool, I decided to get heading to my next class. I went to exit through the door of the art room and there she was.

Cassidy had been standing outside the door, waiting for me. She only laughed at me.

My face turned bright red. Well that was a bit embarrassing.