Chapter nine-Home Sweet Home

After my little photo shoot with Cassidy, she dropped me home. Home; the place most people love but not me. I walked inside only to face the wrath of my mother.

"Where were you?!" she yelled.

"Your home early. I just went out for a little that's all. Besides you told me you had to work late. It's great to see you too," I answered.

My mothers eyes pierced through me like daggers. She could kill a thousand men with just her eyes.

"You still didn't answer me Elliot James Flinders! Where were you?" she scolded.

"I was just with a friend," I replied as calmly as I possibly could.

My mother and I always had fights these days. Even fights over simple things. I didn't hear her when she asked how my day was one day. We ended having a big fight. That didn't end well. I guess I cant blame her too much though. Since the family accidentally slipped into some huge debt and her siblings died in a car crash a few months back, mum's been a mess. Dads never really home much anymore because he works so much. Some nights he doesn't even bother coming back home. Mums always stressed and when dad comes home, she only makes dad worried.

I had began getting lost in my thoughts that I forgot about what was happening for a moment. I quickly came back to earth. However, my welcome wasn't warm.

"Pay attention, you idiot!" she yelled at me, "Why do you have to be such a..."

She stopped. Thankfully for once she could see where this was heading. Far too many times have I heard her finish that sentence.

My mother just stood there in sheer silence. She didn't even open her eyes.

I began heading to my room: my sanctuary, my escape.

I fell onto my bed. Words began spinning in my head.

Worthless.

Pathetic.

Nobody.

But even worse than the words, I believe these poisonous words. I believe everything my mother has finished her sentences with. I believe everything the bullies have told me. I believe

every

single

word.

And there's no escaping it. The words have imprinted themselves on the inside of my skull. Burned into the inside of my eyelids so that everytime I blink, I never forget. The words are a venom that have flooded my veins until my blood runs black.

The words danced out of head and into the air. I could now hear every single word. No matter how loud I yell, the whispers will always be louder.

No matter how angry I get, how much I try to fight it, the whispers always win.

That is until I start punching the wall...

Its a stupid thing to do. I know I shouldn't do it and that's why I have Cassidy to help me. Maybe one day I can be happy again. Maybe one day I wont think I'm a pathetic worthless nobody.