Chapter twelve-Unconfessed Love

Cassidy was the only person who had ever seen the poet side of me. The nerves swept over me as a entered onto the stage. What if they didn't like it? What if I was a bad poet and I didn't know it? What if my poem is as lame as the rhyme/joke I just made in my head? Oh, that would be a disaster.

I was hesitant to start as I looked at the thirty pairs of eyes staring at me but after a deep breathe, I started my new poem 'Unconfessed Love'.

Unconfessed love how I never speak a word

Go upon our daily lives, I let you look right over me

How I live to utter endless words to my dear

How I die to never utter such sweet words to my dear

My queen, my godess, my unconfessed love

My feeling to you I so heavily shun for I cant confess

How love bursts, like fireworks from my heart

How I lose myself in your eyes, your sweet sweet eyes

They are portals to the heavenly starry night

Oh, but just an unconfessed love this may forever be

For I fear I can never bring myself to confess

Just three, only three, simple sweet words, I love you

Through each word I spoke, I became more comfortable. I had become immersed into my poem. Before I knew it, I had finished and everyone was clapping. I was proud of myself and full of joy and then I looked at Cassidy.

I could tell she was wondering who the poem was about. How would I ever be able to tell her the poem was about her? How I love Cassidy Millers.

I left the stage and walked over to Cassidy.

"Didn't it feel great to share your poem?! You looked so relaxed and in the moment up there, like you were a complete professional. I don't think I've ever seen you talk to another human being before let alone stand up in front of a crowd," Cassidy raved before taking a photo of me.

"Yer I guess it was pretty good," I smiled, relieved that she hadn't asked who the poem was about.

However, my relief didn't last all night. As we drove home she asked who my poem was about. Just like my poem had said, I just couldn't confess.

"Its a really old poem. I don't even remember who it was about," I lied, hoping she would believe. Luckily she did. Maybe I should have thought twice before reciting my latest poem.

"I hope you didn't mind that I dragged you out of your home. I just want to help you see the beauty of this world. Besides after our little set back with you punching the wall and all that a fortnight ago, I thought you might be ready for us to start doing bigger things to help make you love life," Cassidy told me as we pulled into my driveway.