N̶I̶N̶E̶

I just wanna let everyone know that I had the biggest fucking scare rn. Like in my notes, I have all my plans for this fanfic and I accidentally deleted it. THANK GOD for a recently deleted folder I was about to cry. Okay, on with the fic.

•••••••••

"So, where do you wanna go?"

I smiled at Michael when he shrugged cutely, sniffing a little. "I don't know. Ice cream?"

Of course he would want ice cream.

"Ice cream or is."

The chill air blew against me, making me shiver slightly. Michael seemed to notice because he suddenly stood very close to me; so close that our entire arms were almost touching. Oddly, Michael didn't seem phased.

"Don't you think it's a bit too cold to go and get ice cream?" I asked, giggling slightly. Michael frowned.

"It's never too cold for ice cream. I had a whole pint of ice cream on Christmas once. It was amazing."

I laughed out loud, which made Michael laugh too. Here we were, two teenage idiots laughing at basically nothing. Strangers walked passed us and gave us weird stares, but we didn't care. Because for now, we were both having a good time.

After getting ice cream (I got plain strawberry while Michael got birthday cake), we decided to head to the local park. We sat on a bench and began to eat the delicious treat.

"Is birthday cake your favorite?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's literally the best ice cream ever. Besides a banana split. That shit is sooooo amazing." Michael sighed in content. "What about you? I'm sure strawberry can't be your favorite. It's so....plain."

"You're right. It's cookie dough. They didn't have it, though," I licked up my ice cream slowly, trying to savor the taste.

As I looked up, I noticed Michael was staring at me, biting his lip. I mentally smirked, knowing that I was doing something to him. I decided to take another long dreadful lick of the sweet treat, knowing that Michael was melting at the sight.

Well this was fun-

"Excuse me!" A tiny voice interrupted us, causing me to choke and cough on the ice cream. The little girl in front of us merely glanced at me before bringing her attention back to Michael.

"Um....hi?" Michael muttered, his statement coming out as a question. 

"Your hair is really pretty!" The girl says.

I looked over at Michael's hair, which had a mix of purple, blue, pink, and even black. It was pretty cool.

"Thank you," Michael smiled at her.

"It looks like a whole galaxy!" The girl was amazing. "Can I touch it please?" 

It seemed as if time stopped after that one statement. Michael's breathing hitched, and he looked at me. I stayed silent, knowing I couldn't turn down this girl. She was what, seven? Nine? This was all him.

"Um....sure," Michael's voice seemed strained. It was barely a whisper. The little girl grinned and moved her arm towards Michael's head, causing Michael to flinch. She retracted her hand and frowned.

"My hands aren't dirty, I promise! My mommy brought that hand cleaning thingy. I put some on," the girl smiled again, not having a care in the world. I remember when I was a kid. I never saw the world for how it really was. I created my own world, with rocket ships and talking hamburgers and stuff like that.

"S-sorry. I didn't mean to flinch. You can touch it now," Michael stuttered, apologizing quickly. He hesitantly stood still as the girl reach for his hair, finally making constant.