Twenty One (Pilots)

The next day, neither Michael or Calum went to school, like Joy had suggested. Instead, they both slept in, hands right next to each other. Michael woke up first and went to use the bathroom when he saw a note taped to the bathroom door.

Michael (because Calum takes ages to wake up),

         I don't expect the both of you to go to school today. You both seem tired. Please don't let Calum wake up alone today. He seems very emotionally exhausted and needs a friend right now. If he upsets you, please don't blame him. He's very ignorant when it comes to certain situations. There's cereal in the cabinet over the fridge.

Michael smiled at the little note, feeling cared for by Joy. He put the note in his pocket and made his way to the cabinet to get some cereal. He made two bowls and walked back upstairs to see Calum cuddling with the pillow next to him. He was on his phone and smiled up at Michael.

"I thought you left, but I saw your shoes," Calum grumbled as he yawned.

"I wouldn't leave," Michael assured, making Calum smile as he continued to scroll through Twitter. Michael grinned as well. "I made a bowl of cereal for you. It's Cookie Crisp."

Calum felt his stomach crave the sugary treat, but his mind pictured the numbers on the digital scale he steps on every single day. "I'm not hungry, but thank you."

Michael stared at Calum as if he were going to shoot lasers at him with his eyes, making Calum finally look up. "Seriously. I'm not hungry. I had a big dinner."

"So those piles of plates full of food that were on your dresser were just snacks you decided not to eat?" Michael asked. Calum was quiet.

"Please, just eat. Your mum wouldn't want you wasting food, now would she? I'm not letting you waste anything. So eat or I'm leaving."

Calum knew that Michael wouldn't leave after last night, but he still took the threat and slowly sat up. "I'll have a couple bites."

Michael grinned and handed Calum the bowl, making Calum cringe. He hated the thought of food now, and his mind always processed food as bad. Calum stared at the cereal before shakily picking up the spoon and gathering some pieces of the cereal. He brought it up to his mouth only to sip on the milk. When Michael glared at him, he sighed and ate a spoonful of the sugary goods. Michael nodded in approval, while Calum tried not to gag. He forced down the food, almost making him throw up right then and there. After a couple bites, he placed the bowl on his dresser and shook his head.

"I can't eat anymore."

"That was only like, three bi-"

"I said I can't eat anymore, Michael," Calum stared at Michael with sadness. "Don't force me."

Michael nodded and finished the bowl himself, since this happened to be his favorite cereal. "What do you want to do today?"

"I don't care," Calum muttered, getting up from the bed. "I have netflix hooked up in my living room. We could watch a movie or something, maybe ask Luke and Ashton to come over or something."

Michael nodded and sent a quick text to Luke and Ashton, telling them to come over. When they said they would, he told Calum and Calum got a bowl of popcorn ready. Of course, he wasn't going to eat it himself. He didn't want his guests unsatisfied, though. After a couple minutes, Calum and Michael both sat down on the couch and stayed in an awkward silence, not wanting to start the movie without their friends. Calum was the first to speak up.

"Michael, when did you realize you were gay?"

Michael was shocked at the question, but when he saw Calum's curious eyes, he knew he was being serious about the question.

"I guess I always knew. I never liked any girls, although I did have a girlfriend when I was six. It was only because all of my 'friends' kept on telling me to like her back. She kissed me and I ran away crying. Let's not forget the fact that I would literally whip my ass out for Andy Biersack. I knew I was attracted to boys when I physically moaned at a picture of him."

Calum chuckled and shook his head. "You're definitely interesting, Michael."

"Michael grinned. "Yeah, I guess I am. Why do you ask?"

Calum suddenly felt very nervous and looked down at his hands. "I don't know.' He looked up. "Can I please try something? If you're not okay with it, just let me know and I swear I'll back off."

Michael furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

Suddenly, Calum began crawling across the couch slowly towards Michael. Michael turned to him with a confused look on his face. Weirdly, as Calum came closer, Michael wasn't shaking at all. He wasn't scared. He was just confused. Calum knew that Michael had a touching issue. Why was he coming so close?

And why was Michael okay with it?

Calum was on all fours as he approached Michael. Their faces were merely inches away, and that's when Michael became nervous. It was like Calum was staring into his very soul. Michael would've gotten mesmerized by them if he weren't so aware of what was happening. Calum leaned in as if he were going to kiss Michael, not breaking eye contact.

Michael glanced at Calum's lips and decided that this might be okay. Calum came closer, and closer.... Michael's eyelashes fluttered and Calum's lips barely brushed against his. He wasn't touching Michael at all besides that, and you could tell that Calum was more scared than Michael was. Calum stayed at that distance, as if he were testing the water in a pool. Michael was too afraid to move as well, but after a minute, he leaned in. Their lips were still barely touching, only ghosting, but it was the fact that they were touching at all.

Calum didn't want to move, scared that Michael would freak out, so they stayed like ray for a bit. They weren't even fully touching, and he was already feeling buzzed, like he was high off of Michael's lips. Calum opened his eyes and saw Michael looking back at him. His gaze was soft and assuring, like he wanted this too. Calum began ever so slightly moving in more and more for an actual kiss, his hand going to brush against his-

"CALUM! HIDE YOUR SPARE KEY IN A BETTER SPOT YOU DUMB BITCH." Luke's voice boomed through the house, making Calum throw himself back to the other side of the couch. He stayed put and wouldn't look at Michael as he watched Luke walk in with Ashton. Ashton looked cute today, with his black crop top and ripped jeans. It seemed to be his signature look. Ashton looked at the two boys sitting as far away from each other as they could, and furrowed his eyebrows. He knew something was wrong. He noticed that Michael was grinning like a mad man while touching his lips, but Calum was shaking and looked as if he could burst in tears at any moment.

"Are you guys good?" Luke had asked, walking over to Calum as he was unable to move. "Calum?"

Michael looked over to Calum and noticed how much of a wreck he'd become in those few seconds. Why was Calum so freaked out? Michael had enjoyed the moment, and he knew Calum had too. Calum suddenly ran upstairs and the three boys heard the slam of a door and the shower being turned on.

What the hell just happened?

AYYEEEEEE HI IM BACK IM SORRY I HAVENT POSTED. IM BACK OK IVE BEEN A LITTLE DEPRESSED AND ITS GOTTEN WORSE A LITTLE BECAUSE OF SOME STUFF THAT HAPPENED BUT IM STILL GONNA BE UPDATING

IM SORRY IF THIS CHAPTER IS SHIT I REALLY DID TRY THOUGH. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT.

I THINK ILL PUT ANOTHER EXPLANATION ABOUT WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH ME LATER EXPLAINING WHY IVE BEEN SO DEPRESSED IDEK IF YOU CARE BUT

IDK

OKAY ITS NOT EDITED IM SO SORRY

-Mani