N̶I̶N̶E̶T̶E̶E̶N̶

You hoes didn't even want to do the character ask and I'm lowkey offended bc i thought I was gonna be all interactive with you guys and shit and I've always wanted to do a character ask bc i think it's amazing but no one commented so like...um ok.

I deleted that note bc no one cares lol.

Maybe it's too early in the book? Idk.

Whatever tho. Let's get in the story.

Calum's POV

I opened my tired eyes and yawned as I looked around. I felt someone behind me, but didn't want to turn around, knowing it was Michael that was behind me, probably asleep. I stared out my window and saw that it was pitch black outside. The skin on my face felt extremely dried out and sticky to the touch, and I realized that I had been crying. I gasped quietly as moments from earlier clouded my mind.

"Hey, sleepyhead. How are you?" Michael's voice startled me. He was awake.

"M-Michael? What're you still doing here? It's late," I muttered. I suddenly began to cough as my dry throat itched. My voice was hoarse and barely under a whisper, but Michael still seemed to hear me.

"I don't know. I guess I fell asleep. How are you?"

Lie.

"I'm fine." My voice cracked, but I covered it up by clearing my throat. I sat up on the bed, careful not to touch Michael. "I'm fine."

Michael sat next to me and looked at me with unconvinced eyes. "Calum, I was there. I know you're not okay."

"I'm fine," I repeated. I looked down. "Thank you for, um..helping me earlier. I don't break down like that often. I guess I was just having a really stressful day. You didn't have to stay. My mom would've gotten me some ice cream or something. And.....I'm sorry you had to see all of that. You must've been freaked out," I chuckled nervously, avoiding eye contact.

"It was honestly nothing. I'm just glad you're stable now."

Funny joke. You'll never be stable. Not with me around.

I shook my head slightly, as if I were trying to kick the voices in my head out.

"Cal.....I forgive you. You know that, right?" Michael moved his hand closer to mine.

He won't ever forgive you. You don't deserve him. Leave.

"Oh gosh, I didn't realize how big of a mess my room was," I slapped my hands on my fat thighs. "I'll be back."

I quickly grabbed all the plates of food and took care of them downstairs only to come back upstairs and see Michael staring out the window. He looked.....sad. I didn't like seeing him sad.

"So you were saying?"

"I said I forgive you, Hood."

He shouldn't.

"You shouldn't. I don't deserve forgiveness."

"I don't care about what you deserve and what you don't deserve. I want to be your friend."

Just your friend. Don't get your hopes up. He'd never even like you.

"I'd hurt you as a friend. I can't hurt you, Michael. I've done too much already."

"You won't hurt me. You made a mistake. I make mistakes too-hey, when was the last time you ate?" Michael interrupted himself, causing me to stiffen and tense up.

"At lunch, why?"

"You didn't touch your lunch."

"I'm pretty sure I touched my lunch."