The Holidays

Instead of sneakers, it's boots.
~

      All I've been thinking about is, would Richard and I really get back together. So many thoughts went through my head, and it was giving me a headache. Jerry's been checking up on me lately, he's texting or calling me to know what I was doing or who I was doing. Not that I was doing anyone but Jerry had his conspiracies, as he liked to call it. I sometimes wonder if he knew what that meant, but I didn't bother checking.

      I walked over to my balcony, the air was crisp and little specks of snow was falling. I took a breath in of the snowy air and look down at the people walking. I could see my breath as I exhaled. The people of Metropolis looked happy as they walked with each other, couples huddled together while walking, moms and dads Christmas Shopping for their kids. Old people walking together, watching the snow.

"At least some people are happy.." I said out loud as I continued to watch them.

      I thought back when I used to hang out with Richard, how we used to sit in one of the family rooms in the manor and cuddle. Or how we used to prank Wally. I was reminiscing in when we were together, all I needed now was Drake songs' playing in the background(Ya'll Draking. Smh xD.). I chuckled at the thought, walking back into my room, I decided I should buy a few gifts for the team. Specifically, Mom, Jason, Wally, Arty, Kaldur, M'gann, Conner, Raquel, Red Tornado and maybe the Justice League. Richard's birthday had passed and he invited me to his little get-together but I declined knowing Barbara was going to be there. I still avoid her, even if I'm no longer with Richard, I still don't want to talk to her or be in the same room as her. It's her fault, partially, for our break up. If she didn't kiss him, just maybe, we would've still been together. But then also, he kissed Zatanna so, it really doesn't matter.

I grabbed my wallet and walked out.

Time Skip

I stuffed the last bag of gifts into the limo's trunk. I humphed in victory and walked to the backseat. Sluggishly, I sat in the seat, exhausted. Suddenly my phone started to ring.

"Ugh! Can I sit in peace?! Hello?!"

"Is this a bad time?" The angelic voice of my mother spoke.

"Mommy! I'm sorry! I'm just really exhausted. Why are you calling? Did something happen?" I sat up in my seat.

"Actually, Batman was here asking about your whereabouts. Did you do something?" She asked frantically.

"No, of course not." I thought back if I did anything.

"Then why would he be asking?" She asked suspiciously.

"How should I know? I don't-  Duh, I can read minds." I chuckled.

"So smart." Mom said sarcastically.

"Haha. Well, I should get going, I have lots of gift wrapping to do." I sighed looking up at the manor I've been staying at.

"I hope you got Mother Ivy something."

"Of course, how can I forget the most amazing, beautiful, and grateful person in the world? Especially if she took me in when my real parents didn't."

"Every plant needs a mommy and you're my precious one yet." I can practically hear her smiling.

"Thank you, for everything."

"Thank you, for being the best daughter I've never had." We hung up and I walked into the manor and straight into my room. Bags and bags of gifts laid on the floor of my bedroom.