Tigress {Part 1}

I stood next to Kaldur in the ship, as we waited for the time to attack. What was bothering me was, why did he join the villains? What made him change? I fiddled with my thumbs as I fought myself to ask him. I finally gave in and cleared my throat to get his attention. He looked at me in the corner of his eye.

"If you're going to ask why am I doing this, it's because our friends allowed Tula to get killed. They let her die. I couldn't stand to be with liars and failures." He gritted his teeth. I looked at him shocked, my mouth hung open slightly, occasionally closing as I thought about what to say.

"What do you mean 'liars'?"

"They said she sacrificed herself. Tula wouldn't do that. She always found a way to save everyone and herself. They left her behind, they could've saved her, but they didn't."

      I stayed silent, unsure what to say. I didn't want to anger him anymore than what he already was. I looked forward again and waited for the signal.

Nightwing's P.O.V

      Artemis and I stood on one of the many pillars at Canaveral. I looked through my binoculars to find anything out of line or suspicious.

"If nothing else, we have a nice view." Artemis said to me. The sunset was quite beautiful and very whelming. The only sound that was heard were the helicopters in the distance.

I pressed my earpiece and spoke to Miss Martian.

"Miss M. link us up." I continued to look out into the distance.

'Link established.' Miss M. said.

'Good. Begin aerial sweep in the Cape's perimeter.' I looked through my binoculars once more.

'Hey, Boss. I'd be happy to join my Angelfish on that assignment.' Lagoon Boy tried to persuade me.

'Negative, Lagoon Boy. You're right where I need you, giving me maximum coverage, in the water, on land and in the air. In case there's any attempt of sabotage.' I sighed internally.

Lagoon Boy didn't respond back after that. I didn't pay much mind to it, I continued my lookout on the pillar. Soon, I started to hear the buzzer for the rocket go off. I lowered my binoculars and slowly turned towards Artemis.

"I know I'm not Wally's favorite person right now, but it is nice to have you back." I smiled at her when she looked back at me.

"It's nice to be back." She responded putting her binoculars away. "I didn't realize how much I've been missing it. Which is pretty exactly what Wally's afraid of. He's worried the rush that comes with the mask will get it's hook in and I won't give it up until my dying day."(Oh, the irony! Freaking bastards!) She continued as she set her bow.

"I know exactly what you mean." I said remembering the first day I put on my Robin suit. It was the best day in my life, the adrenaline pumping through my veins as I fought the thugs, the battle scars with different stories, the ability to help those in need, those that can't exactly save their family from danger. Seeing happy, relieved faces always made my day better, besides seeing (Y/N). She makes my day brighter.

I realized I haven't heard from her recently, I started to wonder what she was doing at this moment(You is about to find out, Lover Boy.). A few moments after, Lagoon Boy spoke up.

'Heads up guys, I found Manta's troopers working some kind of platform beneath the surface just off shore. I'm taking them down.' He told us. It was a stupid move, I didn't order to engage.

'Belay that, wait for back up.' I ordered.

'I'll scrounge a rebreather from the Cargo Hold and help the Rookie out.' Superboy answered.