Chapter 2 - Trouble.

Yoo Jin's POV
It was my 2nd week in the Palace, and I was adjusting really well. Chae Ryung Unnie has been showing me the ropes, and I was picking things up pretty quickly. As Chae Ryung had to accompany Lady Soo, the younger cousin of Prince Wook's wife, Lady Hae, I was sent to do her chores.

Working in the kitchen was tough, I was preparing dishes for the Princes as they had a gathering here, at Prince Wook's house. On my way back to the kitchen, I was in such a rush that I didn't notice what was in front of me and I walked into someone. I fell backwards and saw that unluckily, I had walked into Prince Yo.

I immediately got onto my feet and bowed while saying "I'm sorry, Prince Yo! I'm so sorry!" He left without saying anything.

Wang Yo's POV
This stupid servant girl just walked into me. I was about to open my mouth to yell at her and raise my hand, but when I saw that it was that new servant that Wook brought in, everything just stopped. My hand seemed to be too heavy for me to lift, and my mouth just wouldn't open.

When she apologized, I just stared at her and walked off. Why does she have such a huge effect on me? Who is she?

Yoo Jin's POV
Of all people. OF ALL THE PRINCES, Prince Yo. He's a real interesting character, with a stoic expression and cold heart. I heard from the other servants that he tends to lay a hand on them if they did something wrong when serving him or just...Generally something wrong to him. I continued on my way to the kitchen and heard a crashing sound. I turned and saw another person who was in my shoes. A servant, had crashed into the Prince Yo.

I widened my eyes when I saw him yelling at the servant and he had raised his hand. Running as fast as I could, I grabbed his wrist before he could strike the servant in the face. I said "Prince Yo, you shouldn't be hitting the servants." He said "Mind your own business, servant girl." I turned behind and said "Hurry, go." She bowed and ran off. I said "Prince Yo." He said "Why are you poking your nose into my business? Mind your own business, servant girl." As he swung my hand off his wrist.

I said "I have a name, Prince Yo. My name is Yoo Jin." He said "So? Am I supposed to address you by your name? Remember your position. I'm the Prince, you're my servant." I said "I'm sincerely apologize if you feel offended, Prince Yo." That was when I noticed that his gown was wet. I said "Prince Yo, I will assist you in changing your gown." He gruntled and nodded. I followed him to his room and helped him change out of his gown, into a dry Hanbok. I bowed and said "I will take my leave, Prince Yo."

I left, and suddenly remembered. Prince Yo...He didn't yell at me, even though I may have embarrassed him in front of the other girl. I deposited his wet Hanbok at the washing station and hurriedly made my way to the kitchen. I ran in and saw Chae Ryung Unnie. She said "Yoo Jin! Where did you go? We have to start serving!" I said "I'm sorry, Chae Ryung Unnie, I was helping Prince Yo to change out of his Hanbok." She said "Let's go." I grabbed Prince Yo's tray and we made our way to the hall.

After we placed the trays down in front of the respective members, Princess Yeon Hwa said "Why was there such a long delay? Didn't I tell you to bring it immediately after I said so?" I bowed and said "I'm sorry, Princess Yeon Hwa. I am the one who caused the delay." She said "Aren't you the new girl that Brother Wook brought in?" I said "Yes, Princess Yeon Hwa. I am Yoo Jin." She said "I'll deal with you later. You have to be punished for causing such a major delay." I swallowed and said "Yes, Princess."

Wang Yo's POV
"Yeon Hwa. Yoo Jin was helping me, that's why she caused a major delay. One of the servants, carrying a tray of tea, had crashed into me, pouring tea onto me. She happened to see and offered to help me." Wait. Did I seriously just stand up for a servant? Wang Yo, what is wrong with you? Everyone stared at me in shock and Yeon Hwa said "Brother Yo..." I said "Just drop it already."

Everyone silenced and Yeon Hwa sat down. Wook said "Please start eating." Everyone became eating and I saw the servants leaving one by one. I saw Yoo Jin's retreating silhouette and there was a weird feeling in my chest. It's probably nothing weird.

Yoo Jin's POV
"Yoo Jin, Prince Yo just stood up for you! What happened?" I said "Unnie, nothing happened! I am surprised as to why he stood up for me too..." She said "You helped him change out of his Hanbok? Why?" I said "I stopped him from hitting Min Ji. And I saw that his Hanbok was wet and I was the only one around after I sent her away, so I had no choice but to help him." Chae Ryung's eyes widened and exclaimed "You stopped him?!" I nodded and said "Yes." She said "You- You didn't get hit?"

I shook my head and carefully questioned "W- Was I supposed to get hit?" She said "No...But he usually hits people or servants who dared to stand up to him..." I was speechless. Why would he, a Prince, break his cold facade for me?