Chapter 20 - Throne.

Yoo Jin's POV
"부인, I've to go to the palace, will you be fine alone?" As Prince Yo peeked his head into our room. My abdomen was growing, and now, I'm at the largest I've been in 7 months. I laid back against the pillows he set up for me and said "I'll be fine. Did something happen?" He said "I'll explain it to you when I get back." I nodded and he came in and sat down on our bed next to me. Pushing my hair back, he said "Be safe by yourself alright? Don't get up, let the servants do everything."

I nodded and said "Yes, 서방님. I know." He kissed my lips gently and then my forehead, before saying "I'll be back soon." I nodded and said "Please be careful." He nodded and left. I sighed, lying down. The past 7 months were lovely with Prince Yo, he took care of me and loved me with all the love that he had. He changed so much, for the better. Now, he was a more poised, polite and gentle Prince. Princess Mungong and Queen Yoo never bothered me anymore, but it's probably going to start again when I have our child.

Prince Yo's POV
I rode to the palace on my horse and saw all the other Princes there. I said "Baek Ah." He said "Brother Yo!" I said "Who are the assassins?" He said "We don't know yet..." I went over to the 2 tables, with a white cloth covering it. I pulled the covers away, and saw the lifeless, pale faces of King Taejo, and Crown Prince Mu. Both of them were traveling to a neighbouring country, and were assassinated, while on the way back. It was a surprise attack.

"Prince Yo, you are the next in line for the throne." I said "I know." We interrogated the guards who went with them and after a long day, we ate dinner and returned back to our respective palaces. It was very late into the night so I opened the door silently, peeking my head into the room of my love. The room was pitch dark, and I saw the silhouette of Yoo Jin. Stealthily, I sneaked in and changed into my sleepwear, and climbed silently into bed. Wrapping my arms around Yoo Jin, I felt at home, at ease and most importantly, blissful. I gently stroked her protruding stomach, feeling it under my hands, smiling.

Soon, the product of our love will come into our world. I rubbed my head against her hair and whispered "Goodnight, 부인. Sweet dreams." Before falling into a deep, soothing sleep. When I woke up, I saw Yoo Jin trying to put on her clothes. She was having trouble doing her daily routines due to her protruding belly. I got up silently and helped her to secure the band of her Hanbok around her stomach, tying it tight enough to hold it together, but not to the point of discomfort. She said "Thank you, 서방님." While leaning forward to capture my lips with hers.

I smiled and said "Good morning Queen."

Yoo Jin's POV
"Why are you calling me Queen?" He sighed and said "Sit down. I'll explain everything." I helped her over to the table and sat her down carefully. He said "Yesterday, I went to the palace, because I received news about the assassination of both King Taejo and Crown Prince Mu. All the Princes were present yesterday, and I was the next heir to the throne. I am the new King, Yoo Jin. You are the Queen."

I said "Prince Yo..." He said "Don't feel too burdened about the title, 부인." I nodded and said "But King Taejo and Crown Prince Mu..." He said "The officials are planning their funeral procession." He cupped my face gently and he said "Don't worry about it. You won't have to attend the funeral service, you're too big to be walking around." I said "But-" He said "부인, you're going to put unnecessary stress on yourself and our baby."

I shook my head and said "서방님, I'm your wife, it is definitely necessary for me to attend the funeral procession." He said "But-" I said "I will attend the funeral procession, and that's final." He pressed a kiss onto my lips and said "Alright, alright. I shouldn't fight with my pregnant wife." I smiled and said "Are we going to get breakfast?" He nodded and said "Yes, 부인. Just let me change."

While I waited for him, I sighed. Now that Prince Yo is king, Queen Yoo has one thing strikes off her list. This just means that she now, has all the time and effort to focus on getting rid of me and my unborn child.

Life is going to be rocky from now on.