Chapter 23 - I'm Sorry.

Yoo Jin's POV
2 years passed and Gyeonghunwon was already 2. He was a very smart and big boy, learning quickly. We were in the palace garden, having a walk, when he asked "Omonim, when is Abeonim coming home?" Prince Yo was visiting a Prince in another region, and was set to be back soon. I said "Soon, child, soon." We went back to the palace and he went for his lesson with the palace advisor. I was alone in Prince Yo and I's room and was resting.

"Queen Yoo Jin, Queen Mungong is here to see you." A servant said. I said "Queen Mungong?" Mungong has been really silent these 2 years, after being sent to a further palace by Prince Yo for posing as a threat to Prince Gyeonchunwon and I. I said "Bring her in, please." She bowed and left. After a while, the door opened again and I saw Queen Mungong. I said "Queen Mungong, how nice of you to visit me. Please take a seat." She sat down at the round table and I asked the servant to serve tea.

I said "Queen Mungong, what brings you to my humble palace?" She said "I'm here to pay you a little visit, and to visit the Prince as well. Where is he?" I said "He's at the library, he's learning from the palace advisor." She said "Education is good. How have you been doing?" I said "I've been doing well. How about you?" She said "Well, I've been doing well too, except the fact that I'm lonely most of the times."

Queen Mungong's POV
Speaking and smiling to her makes me want to puke. Why did Mother make me do this?! I smiled and took a sip of my tea. I took a deep breath, savouring the bitter taste of the tea. She said "Are you here to visit the King? He's visiting another Prince, he will be back soon." I nodded and said "Thank you. I think I'll come back when he's back then." Before leaving.

Now, all that's left is the King's arrival, for us to carry out our plan. Wait till you see what's coming for you, Yoo Jin."

Yoo Jin's POV
The next morning, I woke up and felt a heavy wait on my waist. I turned, and saw Prince Yo. Was I dreaming? When I went to bed last night, he was still not home yet. I lightly reached over and caressed his face, and I couldn't believe it. He was real. I snuggled in his chest, wanting to be close to him after being separated for so many days. I felt lips on my forehead and looked up. He was awake, smiling at me. I said "I'm sorry I woke you up, you should go back to sleep. You must be tired, 서방님." He tightened his embrace and said "Seeing you makes me overflow with energy."

He leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss onto my lips and said "I missed you so much while I was away." I said "I missed you too. And our son did too. He constantly asked when you were coming back." He nodded and said "I'll see him later. Did anything happen while I was away?" I said "Queen Mungong came yesterday. She was here for you." His eyes widened and said "Mungong? Did anything happen?"

I shook my head and said "We just talked." He hugged me tightly and said "I'm glad nothing happened." The door burst open and we heard "Abeonim!" It was Gyeongchunwon. We sat up and he jumped onto our bed, hugging Prince Yo tightly. Prince Yo let out a hearty laugh and said "Hey, you've grown big!" He said "Abeonim, I missed you!" Prince Yo said "I missed you too, son."

After breakfast, we were in the hall, when a servant walked in. "King, Queen, Queen Mungong and Empress Dowager Yoo are here to see you." He said "Bring them in." Gyeongchunwon sat on my lap and they came in, looking as menacing as ever. After being served tea, Empress Dowager Yoo said "Gyeongchunwon, come here and let Grandmother see how big you have grown." He turned to me and hugged me tightly before saying "Omonim, I'm scared..." I said "It'll be fine, she's your Grandmother, hm?" He reluctantly went over, and suddenly, Empress Dowager Yoo held him in a chokehold, with a sharp hairpin in her hand.

Both of us yelled and Prince Yo said "Mother! Let my son go! I'll call the guards." She said "If you dare, I'll kill him." I said "Empress Yoo, please let him go!"

Prince Yo's POV
"I'll let him go, if you exchange your life, for his." I yelled "Mother! Yoo Jin's my wife! Gyeongchunwon is my son!" She shook his head and said "I don't care if he's my blood, I want my revenge!" I couldn't believe my ears. I didn't want to believe it. "서방님?" I turned to Yoo Jin and saw tears in her eyes. She hugged me tightly and whispered into my ear "서방님, I love you, you know that right?" I said "부인...No, please..." As tears rolled down my cheeks. She said "Tell me you love me too..." I said "I love you 부인...Y- You can't do this! I'll find a way to keep you both!" She shook her head and pressed a kiss onto my lips, saying "You know that's impossible. This wouldn't end...Unless I'm gone."

I said "No...No!" She said "I'm sorry, 서방님. I love you, let's meet in our next life."

Yoo Jin's POV
"Take me instead."