Chapter 21 - She's My Wife!

Wang Yo's POV
"부인?" After a long day carrying out my duties as a King, all I looked forward to was returning home, and seeing beloved Yoo Jin. However, when I got back to our room, everything was quiet, and Yoo Jin was nowhere to be found. Everything was untouched, and nothing was out of place. That was odd. Yoo Jin hardly left the room, especially since she's going to be due any time soon. I ran out and saw Jae In, the servant that was serving my wife. I ran towards her and her face paled as she bowed. She said "King..."

I said "Where's Queen Yoo Jin?" She said "Q- Queen Yoo Jin..." I felt anger bubbling in me and I yelled "HURRY AND TELL ME WHERE IS QUEEN YOO JIN!" She said "Queen Yoo Jin, she was taken away by Empress Dowager Yoo!" I said "What do you mean taken away?! WHEN WAS THIS, AND WHY WASN'T I INFORMED AT ALL!" She said "Empress Dowager Yoo came after you left today, King. She wanted to invite Queen Yoo Jin to her palace for tea." Tea? The last time Mother was so nice...My eyes widened. The last time, she gifted Yoo Jin with herbs that cause miscarriages. I don't have time.

I ran to my guards and said "Get me my horse, NOW!" They ran to the barn and my horse came in no time. Yoo Jin, please...I got to Mother's palace and hastily jumped off my horse before running in. I saw Mother, sitting in her room, sipping tea. I said "Mother, where is Yoo Jin?!" She looked up at me from her tea and slowly put it down, not answering my question. I said "Mother, please! Where is Yoo Jin!" She said "Aren't you going to greet me first and ask about my day? Where did the manners I taught you go to?" I said "I'm sorry, Mother. Please tell me where is Yoo Jin."

She said "Yoo Jin isn't here anymore." I said "W- What do you mean?" She said "She's at Princess Mungong's." I immediately took off. I don't know what these two are planning, but this really scares me. I burst through Mungong's room, and instead of finding her, her room was empty. However, there was a note on the table that said '서방님, looking for your wife? Maybe you should come down to the dungeons. We have something fun for you.' My breath hitched in my throat.

Going down to the dungeons, I heard crying and screaming. I ran to a jail cell and saw Yoo Jin, battered and her stomach, flat. I yelled "YOO JIN!" She looked up and said "서방님..." before running over to the gate. I said "Yoo Jin, what happened? Are you ok? Is our baby ok?" She began to cry and said "I gave birth to our baby...But- But Empress Yoo took him away...I was locked here...And-" I said "She took...Our son?"

Yoo Jin's POV
After being invited to Empress Yoo's palace, in fear of punishment, I had gone there. However, I went into labour soon after I arrived and had to give birth. A midwife was called for me and I had a tough time, delivering the baby without Prince Yo by my side. I heard the cries of a baby and my body relaxed immediately. The midwife said "Congratulations, Queen Yoo Jin, it's a Prince!" Before I could react, Empress Dowager Yoo took my child and I was thrown into the dungeons.

I was crying badly, and Mungong came in, kicking me around before leaving. And then, Prince Yo came. He ordered the guards to open my cell and one of them said "King...Empress Dowager Yoo said that we cannot open her cell unless it was her order." He yelled "How dare you go against the King's order! Do you want your head?! I ORDER YOU, TO OPEN THE CELL, THIS INSTANCE!" They opened it, in fear of execution. I ran out into his arms and he hugged me tightly. He comforted me and said "Now, we are going to get our baby back."

A/N: Hi readers! I'm sorry I've been away for so long, I have been going through a severe writer's block. This is a REALLY SHORT update, I know, but I will be coming back very soon with new chapters! Thank you for all your support ❤️