Chapter 18 - First Attack.

Yoo Jin's POV
"부인, I can't be around you all the time, so I need you to be very wary of Mungong. Mother isn't the type who will directly strike you, so you have to be wary of the people around you, and the things people give you." I nodded and said "Yes, 서방님." He hugged me tightly and said "부인, I'm so worried that something will happen to you...Please be safe..." I nodded and said "I will, 서방님, I will." He kissed my lips gently and said "I love you." I smiled and said "I love you too."

Prince Yo left for his own duties as a Prince, while I stayed in my room. A servant came in and bowed before saying "Princess, the Queen is here to see you." I nodded and it turned out to be Queen Yoo. I immediately stood up and bowed before saying "Good morning, Queen Yoo." She said "How are you doing?" I said "I'm doing great, Queen Yoo." I turned to my servant and said "Please bring Queen Yoo some tea." She said "How about you, Princess?" I said "I'm fine, I don't want any."

She bowed and left. I said "Queen Yoo, what brings you here?" She smiled and said "I won't stay for long, I came here with a gift." She gave me a box and said "This is herbs that will help with the pregnancy." I said "Thank you, Queen Yoo." She stood up and said "I think I'll go now, I won't interfere with your rest." I bowed and said "I won't keep you then, thank you for visiting me, Queen." She nodded and left.

Queen Yoo's POV
I went back to my own palace and saw Mungong. I said "What are you doing here?" She said "I came to talk about Yoo Jin." I said "Do you have a plan?" She kept silent. I knew it. This Mungong girl, is all looks but no brains. I completely overestimated her ability when allowing her to marry Yo. I said "I already executed my plan. I gave her herbs, and I told her that they will help with the pregnancy. But, they will do the opposite."

Yoo Jin's POV
I was a little skeptical the herbs that the Queen gave me, so I set it by the table instead of bringing it to the kitchen. Awhile later, Prince Yo came in. I said "서방님, you're back early." As I got off the bed. He said "Lie down, don't get up." I laid back down and he came over and sat next to me. He held my hand lightly and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I said "Your mother came today." He said "What for?" I said "She came to give me herbs. Said that it would be good for the pregnancy."

He said "I'll take it to the kitchen." I said "I- I'm a bit skeptical about the herbs. I saw some familiar herbs...And they don't necessarily help out with pregnancies...They cause the baby to die." His eyes widened and said "Tell me you're lying." I said "I wish I was but I'm not." He said "What?" I sighed and said "I used to work in a shop that sold herbs. And from there, I knew of some tonics that could cause miscarriages...This is one of them."

He shook his head and said "Mother won't do that to me." I said "Prince-" He stood up and swung my hand off him, causing me to fall back on the bed. He left the room with the box of herbs while I sat there silently. I placed a hand on my stomach and said "Baby, don't be afraid...Abeonim...He's just worried about us...He loves us..." The way he reacted really pained me. The door then proceeded to open and I saw Prince Baek Ah. I said "Brother Baek Ah."

He said "Yoo Jin, are you alright?" I said "Yes...I told Prince Yo that the herbs the Queen gave me causes miscarriages..." He said "WHAT?! The Queen-" I shushed him and said "Not so loud." He sat back down and I said "Prince Yo doubted everything I said and shoved me away before leaving." Prince Baek Ah's eyes widened and said "He SHOVED you?" I said "It wasn't very rough, it was just a slight-" He exclaimed "Yoo Jin, you're pregnant! How can he shove his pregnant wife?!" I said "Brother, please-"

He said "Yoo Jin, please. Look- He shoved you when you were pregnant with his child, when his Mother tried to make you lose his baby. He didn't give any emotional support at all to the person who needs it the most. Stop trying to protect him." I kept silent and said "He's just overwhelmed...You know how much he loves Queen Yoo, he must've been shocked that his Mother tried to kill his child."

Wang Yo's POV
When Yoo Jin told me Mother gave her herbs that cause miscarriages, I couldn't believe it. I grabbed the box of herbs and sped out of the castle. The palace doctor was definitely in cahoots with her, I can't ask him. I went to a shop selling herbs and stormed in. I went to the owner and said "Please tell me what these herbs are used for." He immediately went to it and said "Prince...These herbs when brewed together, causes miscarriages." Yoo Jin was telling the truth. Mother...Wants our child...Dead.

I paid him some money and sped to Mother's palace. I have to know. I ignored all the guards and shoved her room door open. There, sat Mother and Mungong, drinking tea. I said "Leave." She bowed and left. The door closed behind her, and I placed the box of herbs in front of her. I said "Mother, did you give this to Yoo Jin?" She said "Yes, Yo, I did. Is there any problem with it?" I said "Do you know what herbs these are? What the concoction can do?" She said "It helps with pregnancies."

I shook my head and said "It causes miscarriages." She said "Really? They must've given me the wrong one then. How did Yoo Jin know?" Lies. I said "She worked in a shop that sold herbs in the past. She remembers." As I left the palace, the only thought I had was: Mother, how could you?

Queen Yoo's POV
Yoo Jin...You are too smart for your own good.