Trust

*Mangle's POV*

There stood but a few feet away from us, was Golden Freddy. He stared at all of us with our jaws gaped open in shock, except Foxy and Springtrap that is who's jaws were clenched tightly together in anger.
All I did was stand their in fear, my eyes widening the longer I looked at Golden Freddy realising that the animatronic that tried to destroy us, practically used me as bait and tormented me just to get to Springtrap..
Was actually here.
In the Pizzeria.

"What are you doing here?" Springtrap spat, taking a step forward with his arms crossed.
I felt Foxy immediately wrap his strong arm around my waist and pull me into his side protectively, growling under his breath as Golden Freddy took a step closer to Springtrap and the rest of us,

"I..I know that I shouldn't be here-"
Golden Freddy started, scanning his eyes over the whole group until they finally landed on me which made me shiver slightly, Foxy's arm tightening around me, his bright golden eyes still fixed onto Golden Freddy,

"But I had to come. It's Freddy, he's-" He continued and took a few more steps closer to us but Springtrap immediately piped up,
"Where is he?! What did you do to him.." Springtrap shouted rashly and took another step towards Golden Freddy.
Golden just stood their with a blank expression and let out a sigh, "I didn't touch him. Those other animatronics did."
Some of the group let out a gasp, the others kept their attention on Golden Freddy sceptically, obviously not entirely buying it.
We may not trust the Newbies, but that doesn't mean we trust Golden Freddy and more than them.

"How do you know?" Springtrap questioned seriously. It seems that Spring is the only one with the willpower to actually interact with Golden Freddy without flat-out knocking his ass to the ground, which I can respect since he was the one who has the most history with him..

Golden began telling us that Violet came and offered him a deal, he not knowing or caring what the deal was, he just began walking off and warned her to leave. But then of course Wolf had to get involved and knocked him to the ground, only to find out that they'd kidnapped Freddy. Golden Freddy seemed almost..guilty when he told us that he didn't accept the deal fast enough for him to save Freddy.

I know I probably shouldn't, but I believe him. He seemed genuinely sad and there wasn't a sense of dishonesty in his voice.

"Well, what do you guys think?" Toy Bonnie whispered while we all huddled around one another trying to come to a decision if we should actually trust him.
"C'mon guys, it's Golden Freddy! We can't trust him, right?" Said Bonnie in a hushed but obvious tone. We all glanced at Golden Freddy for a second while he wasn't looking,
"I agree with Bonnie, I think that him and those other animatronics have teamed up and now they're trying to throw us off their trail." Said Chica said with a frown.
While the others continued murmuring to one another, I looked back at Golden Freddy who was looking worried. Worried that we wouldn't believe him, worried about Freddy..
I turn back around and see Springtrap also staring at Golden Freddy, but also with the same sort of expression.
Sure, there was obvious anger in his eyes but you could tell he so longingly wanted to believe his old friend..

Ugh, I must be crazy..

I inhale a large breath, readying myself for what I was about to say,

"I believe him." I say with seriousness quite loudly, louder than I intended in fact. I felt all eyes on me, including Golden Freddy's.
"But M-Mang he-" Foxy started, his eyes squinting at mine, like he's searching them for any sign of unsureness or craziness for that matter, but I wasn't changing my mind.
"I know what he did. But..," I snapped slightly, turning around to face Golden Freddy fully who was looking at me shocked and with hope,

"-But that's not what this is about. It's about finding Freddy, not what happened in the past. If we don't trust him now, we'll never get Freddy back."
Everyone stared at me, their expressions soon turning into guilt. "Sigh, Are you sure Mangle?" Marionette asked and I nodded, glancing at Golden once more, "Yes."
The rest of the animatronics turned back around and walked slightly closer to Golden Freddy,
"Alright Golden Freddy, if what you say is true and you do care about Freddy, you're going to help us get him back." Said Fred, Golden smiled slightly and nodded his head.
"But if you step one FOOT out of line, you'll regret it.." Foxy growled, narrowing his eyebrows together with hostility at Golden Freddy and his smile immediately disappeared, he simply nodded once more, fearfully.

I quickly wrapped my arm around Foxy's bicep in attempt to calm him down, only to feel how tensed his entire body was with anger, his eyes looked like they were about to burst into flames. I looked up at him with concern expecting him to look back down at me, but he just kept his gaze fixed firmly on Golden Freddy, like he was getting ready to pounce on him.