Chapter 2

While I drove I thought hard. I really didn't want to go but I had told Jack I would. I wanted to see Jack and the rest of the guys anyways but I didn't want to see Alex, not 1 little bit, especially since the way he acted today. I pulled into my usual spot and got out of the car, not even bothering to run cause I was already soaked. When I got inside the house was still a mess and I groaned, furious at Chase. I kicked off my soaked sneakers and walked down the hallway and into our bedroom. Chase was asleep on the bed and I decided someone needed a rude awakening. I walked out to our kitchen and filled a cup with cold water before walking back into our bedroom. I went over to Chase and spilled the whole cup on him. He jumped up, shouting and fell out of bed. "Leah! What the fuck was that for?" he shouted and I put the cup on the bedside table. "I asked you for one thing! One little freaking thing Chase and you couldn't even do that! It's my birthday and here you are being a jerk!" I shouted at him.

"Leah, I didn't know you were going to be home so early! I was taking a nap before cleaning!" he said. I scoffed, "Of course you were Chase, look, I'm going out with Hannah tonight, when I get home you better not be in my bed." I told him before going into my closet. He followed me and I started looking for something to wear. "Leah, baby, I was really, don't be mad at me please?" he begged but I just ignored him, pulling out white skinnies. "Wait Leah, why are you wearing those?" he asked, wrinkling his nose. I hadn't touched any of my old skinny jeans, band shirts or anything since Chase and I had started dating. He was not into punk chicks, he preferred the preppy girls and I had somewhat changed myself for him but I still loved the same music and everything I had always loved.

I just never got a chance to share that side of myself with him, he wasn't into it and if I tried to bring it up he completely ignored it. "Because it's what I want to wear." I said before grabbing a purple and gray plaid shirt. I walked out of the large walk in closest, Chase still following me. I grabbed underwear, a bra and a tank top out of my dresser before going towards the bathroom. I turned around before I walked in, "Chase, let me get ready in peace, if you want to make it up to me, go clean the house!" I shouted before slamming the door in his face. I locked it and then turned on the shower.

I pulled off my wet clothes, digging out the paper Jack had given me before I threw them in the hamper and then stepped into the shower. I was beyond pissed off that I had asked him to do one simple thing and he couldn't even do that for me! I washed my hair slowly, trying to calm myself down. When I finished I got out and dried off slowly. I slipped on my purple boy short underwear and matching bra before I pulled on the gray tank top. I wrapped my hair up in the towel before slipping my jeans on. I plugged in my straightener in and left it on the side of the sink before going back to getting ready. I started putting on my make up when Chase knocked on the door. "Baby, what are you doing?" he asked.

"Getting ready, Chase you better be cleaning this house." I said before going back to applying eye liner. When I finished I pulled the towel off my head and started brushing my hair, getting all the knots out. When I got every single knot out I started running the straightener through it. 30 minutes later I was finished and I unplugged it. I pulled on my purple flannel and buttoned it up a bit before walking out of the bathroom. Chase wasn't in the bed and I took that as a good sign. I looked over at the clock and saw it was almost 3:30 before walking into the living room. The room wasn't even close to being clean and Chase was standing there in his boxers talking to Hannah. I rolled my eyes, "Chase, put some clothes on and thanks for cleaning the house. Hannah let's go." I said grabbing my keys and my jacket.

"Baby, wait." Chase said but I followed Hannah outside, shutting the door behind me. "He being a dick again?" she asked sympathetically. "Yeah, all I asked was he clean the house and he can't even do that for me." I said annoyed as I pulled on my hood and shoved my hair into it so it wouldn't get wet. We ran out to Hannah's car and jumped in. I pulled on my seatbelt and she started the car. "So what's the address?" she asked, chewing on her gum. I pulled out the paper Jack had given me and read it to her while she typed it into her GPS. "Want some gum?" she offered and I took the piece from her before she drove off.