Chapter 3

When I got back to the room Hannah and Alex were talking and I smiled at how happy she looked. I ignored the burning in my stomach and went to sit by Matt. "So Matt, when do they go on?" I asked. He looked at his watch, "Well in about 3 hours give or take some time. The Maine is first then We The Kings and then the guys." he told me. I nodded and pulled out my blackberry, checking my text messages. I had a couple that were all from Chase and I sighed, going through them. They were mostly "I'm sorry and I love you"s and then the last couple were saying call him. I decided to ignore him and I heard the loud rumbling that I was guessing were all the kids screaming. "Want to go watch The Maine perform?" Jack asked, walking over to me. I nodded and he grabbed my hand, bringing me towards the stage. I saw a bunch of guys standing around, 3 I recognized as Jared, Garrett and John Ohh. When Garrett saw me he walked up and smiled, "Hey, gonna watch us?" he asked and I nodded. Music started and he smiled big before running out on the stage after the rest of the guys. I listened to their music and cheered with the rest of the crowd at the end of each song. Jack laughed at me and I smiled up at him, remembering how much I missed him.

I put my arms around his waist, "I've missed you Jack-Jack." I told him. He wrapped his arms around me, "I've missed you too Leah, I need you to make me a promise." he said pulling away. I looked up at him, "Promise me you'll never let us drift apart again and you'll actually talk to me, call me, text me, come visit me or let me visit." he said, sticking out his pinky. "I promise." I said, hooking my pinky around his. I felt childish, I hadn't made a pinky promise since the last one Jack and I had made before I left. It saddened me that I had grown up so much ad let the part of me I loved most go. The part that was wild and crazy and childish was tucked away first because I was miserable and then because Chase just didn't like it. "Good, now gimmee your phone." he ordered. He handed me his and I gave him mine and we put our numbers in them before giving them back. "Now since you're now 21 I have decided we are going to the club tonight!" Jack shouted happily. "Uhm, alright I guess." I replied, I was kind of nervous to go out and party with all the guys, they were a bit wild. "Oh come on Leah! It'll be just like old times!" he said hugging me. I smiled a big smile and he bought it and when I turned away I put a hand to my face.

Soon The Maine walked off stage and they were all covered in sweat. "Good job!" I said to Garrett and he grinned at me before handing someone his bass and walking into the back. People started rushing around and getting the stage ready for the next band. Jack grabbed my hand and we went back to the room where everyone was in pretty much the same positions except Alex who was strumming a guitar while Hannah watched amazed. He looked up when we walked in and gave me a small smile and I returned it before he turned back to the guitar.

*Alex's POV*

Leah's friend Hannah was probably the most annoying creature on the face of the earth. I had never met anyone who talked SO FREAKING MUCH! By the second half of the conversation I was ready to blow my brains out at her endless chatter. "Hey, wanna hear me play guitar?" I asked, hoping she would say yes and I wouldn't have to hear her talk anymore. When she nodded I smiled and grabbed my guitar from the pile of our stuff in the corner of the room. I brought it back and sat down, starting to strum it. I had started to play Jasey Rae when I heard the door open and I looked up to see Leah and Jack walk back in. I gave her a small smile and she smiled back to my surprise. My heart fluttered and I turned back to the guitar, playing the song. Zack started humming and I started singing the lyrics softly. I looked up to see Leah watching me, I stopped for a second and I could see a confused looking Hannah out of the corner of my eye. "Leah, did you ever learn to play?" I asked, remembering the guitar the guys had given her before she left. She shook her head, "I uh, didn't have anyone to teach me." she said softly while pulling at her hair nervously. "Do you still have it?" I questioned and she nodded. "Do you want to learn a bit?" I asked. She hesitated and Jack pushed her gently over towards me. She sat down on the other side of me and I put the guitar in her lap, handing her the pick. She took it from my hand and our fingers tips brushed. It felt like an electric shock and I pulled away. "Put your fingers there and strum." I directed.