Chapter 13

"Alex, where are you bringing me?" I asked as he led me down a side street. "It's a surprise and we need to go this way or else I'll get mobbed by fans." Alex said and I nodded but I still wanted to know where we were going. Finally we reached a brightly lit street and we walked down the sidewalk, our hands swinging between us as we walked. "Where are we going?" I whined feeling incredibly impatient as Alex kept leading the way down the street. "Oh you're still really bad when it comes to be patient." he said shaking his head before stopping. "Yes Alex, not much has changed but please! Either keep walking or just tell me!" I shouted pulling at his hand.

"Alright, we're going." Alex chuckled and I was caught between scowling and smiling. Good thing was I didn't have to wait as long to get to wherever we were going but bad was I still didn't know. We started walking again and soon Alex started to slow. "Are we almost there?" I asked and Alex nodded. "Be patient my love." he said and I frowned at him, I just couldn't wait much longer. After what seemed like ages later Alex turned into a park and I raised an eyebrow at him. "Just wait." he said and I shrugged, Alex always managed to have something good up his sleeve.

Eventually we reached a large tree and Alex let go of my hand before running over to it. He started to climb it and once he was on the first branch closest to the ground he stopped and looked back at me. "Come on!" he shouted and I shook my head before running towards the tree. I climbed up after him and stopped when I reached where Alex was sitting. "So, what kind of date is this?" I asked sitting down in front of him. "A creative one, dinner and a movie is so high school." he said in a girlish voice and I giggled before leaning back against his chest. "I like this; it's more fun than sitting in a stuffy restaurant." I said and he nodded before leaning his chin onto my shoulder.

"Look up." he whispered into my ear and I looked into the sky. The leaves kind of obscured the sky but you could still see it very well. "There's supposed to be a meteor shower tonight." he said and I smiled. "This is gonna be awesome." I said snuggling back into him and letting him wrap his arms around my waist. Alex chuckled and I looked down for a moment. That's when I realized how high up we were and I quickly tensed. "What, what's the matter?" Alex asked quickly feeling the way I tensed. "What happens if we fall?" I inquired nervously squeezing his arm. "Then we die." Alex said and I scowled. "Ha ha, very funny you asshole." I said sarcastically and wiggling away from him and starting to slowly try to get down from the tree. "Leah, come on. You won't die or fall, I promise." he said giving me his famous grin.

I stopped what I was doing and looked up at him, eyebrow raised. "Cross my heart." Alex told me while making an X over his chest. "Fine but if I fall out and die I'll haunt you forever." I told him while climbing back onto the thick branch. "I would welcome your haunting, it would make me miss you a bit less." he said sweetly nuzzling into my neck. "Okay then I wouldn't haunt you." I said stubbornly still mad at him. "Aw, stop being mad at me, please?" he begged and I couldn't help but melt at the absolutely adorable face he gave me. "Stop being so damn cute." I said crossing my arms over my chest and Alex laughed.

We talked quietly for a little while longer and then Alex was quiet. "Look, it's starting." he said pointing up. I saw what looked like a shooting star fall from the sky and I looked back at Alex with a grin on my face. "Make a wish." I instructed before shutting my eyes and thinking hard. I wished for happiness, for Alex and my relationship to work and for an idea of what I should do when the school year came back around. My eyes were still squeezed shut when Alex tapped on my arm. "What did you wish for?" he asked and I shook my head. "Oh come on Leah!" he wheedled but I giggled and shook my head again.

"Sorry Alex, it won't come true if I tell you." I told him and he scowled at me. I flashed him a smile and he looked like he was fighting with himself to keep the scowl. "Oh you know you wanna smile." I said and his face slowly cracked into a wide smile. I laughed before leaning back against him and watching the meteor shower. Almost an hour later they stopped and Alex yawned widely. "Wanna get some food and then go back to the bus?" he asked and I nodded before starting to slowly climb down the tree. When my feet hit the ground I looked up at Alex and then grinned to myself. "Catch me!" I shouted before taking off across the park. "I'm gonna get you!" Alex yelled from somewhere behind me. I laughed hard as I ran; this was a lot of fun.