Chapter 8

After my father paid for my hotel I walked up to the room by myself, thinking. We didn't talk for the remainder of the car ride and after he handed me the key he left saying he would come back tomorrow to pick me up. I walked up to my room, the only thing I currently had were the clothes on my back, my phone, my phone charger(thank god I shoved it in my pocket earlier) and my keys to my impounded car. When I got into the room I kicked off my shoes and took off my jeans before laying back in the bed. I had a bunch of missed calls and texts from Jack and I sighed remembering the way Alex had talked to me earlier.

It hurt that he thought I could do that to him and it made wanna cry just thinking about the way he had spoken. I look through the text message and saw they were begging me to call them back. I sighed, should I? I didn't know if I could take it if Alex didn't believe me and still hated me. As I read the rest of the text messages I thought about calling Jack back, he seemed like he really wanted to talk to me. I took a deep breath before calling him and putting the phone to my ear. The phone rang twice and then Jack's voice filled my ear. "Leah! Are you okay? Alex told us what you said! What happened?" he asked quickly, sounding worried. "Well, uh, Jack, you don't believe I would say those things on Facebook right?" I asked him hoping he was on my side.

"No Leah, I know you didn't, Alex knows you didn't too, all the guys know you didn't. Alex was just upset, he's been snapping at people all day, don't feel bad, he's just PMSing." Jack told me. I let out a deep breath but I still felt upset about the whole Alex thing. "Are you sure about Alex? I feel like he hates me Jack and I don't want him to hate me." I said, laying my head back against the pillow. I suddenly realized how exhausted I was. "Leah, there is no way in hell that you could convince that guy to hate you." Jack said and my heart fluttered. Did that mean he still loved me? Did that mean I had a chance with him? All of a sudden I heard loud voices in the background.

"Jack is that Leah? Leah is that you?" I heard Alex's voice and then "Leah! Are you okay?" it sounded like Zack and Rian had shouted it at the same time. Then I heard rustling, shouting and screams of pain. "Leah? Jack stop! Let me talk to her." Alex said. "Yeah." I said, not sure what else to say. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry Leah, I didn't mean, I mean I did but I didn't… Forget that, I'm stupid, I hope I didn't hurt you." he said getting softer and softer towards the end. "Don't worry about it Alex and yeah, I'm fine besides the whole I have nothing right now, I'm single, I don't have an apartment, I'm in a hotel room and I owe my father bail money and money for the hotel." I said rolling over onto my stomach. I was in awe that my whole life just fell apart in one night. I owed my father more money then I had, I had gotten arrested and could be going to jail for a year, I had lost my boyfriend and I would probably lose my job because I couldn't come to work because I would probably kill Hannah if I saw her again.

"What? What happened?" Alex asked. I thought for a moment, I would tell Alex then when Jack took back the phone I would have to tell him to and I just wasn't okay on telling this story twice in one night. "Alex, can you put me on speaker so I can just tell you guys once, I don't think I can repeat this, I'm already really tired." I said, knowing I might cry or fall asleep during the second telling of the story. "Alright, one second." he said. I heard him moving around and the sound of his hand scraping against the phone. "Alright, you're on speaker, now speak woman!" he said laughing. "Well, Hannah and I made up earlier and I told her everything that happened with Alex, which I now realize was a giant mistake." I said but oddly I didn't regret it really. If I hadn't told her then Chase wouldn't have broken up with me. I felt oddly free and happy knowing we weren't together. I wasn't stressed over cleaning the house, making myself perfect for him and his family and I just felt like I could be myself even if I was a crazy idiot.

All the guys were waiting quietly and I started my story again. "Well after Alex hung up on me earlier during my break and I thought he was mad at me and I got upset and she wouldn't leave me alone. She kept asking what was wrong and then I snapped at her. She was mad and left but I didn't really think anything of it. Well after work I went home and I found all of my stuff in boxes and a very angry Chase." I paused here and took a deep breath. It hurt sort of, even though I was glad I wasn't with him anymore the fact that he broke up with me somewhat hurt. It also hurt that what he said was true, I was a slut and a whore. I had cheated on him even though I promised myself I would never do such a thing.