Chapter 12

I sat in the car in the backseat, Alex's head in my lap as Matt drove. "I want you to rest when we get back to the bus." I said while gently stroking Alex's hair. "Yes mom." he said smartly and I resisted the urge to smack him upside the head. "What's with the 'tude Alex?" I asked starting to get annoyed with him. He had an attitude the entire time at the hospital and if he wasn't in so much pain I would have smacked him upside the head already. "I just don't feel good." he whined and I frowned. "I'm sorry baby but that doesn't make me want to kill you any less." I told him before looking out of the window. We would be back to the bus soon and the sooner we got to the bus the sooner I could just put Alex to bed.

I was just running my fingers through my hair in attempts to straighten out the mess when Alex shifted. "You okay?" I asked worriedly looking down at him. "Yeah, I'm just fan-fucking-tastic despite my head pounding." he snapped and I had to bite down on my lip to keep from yelling at him. "Alex dude, calm down." Jack said but Alex ignored him. I sighed and decided to ignore Alex because if I didn't I would eventually strangle him. When we lurched to a stop Alex almost went flying and I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't pleased with Matt's driving. "What the hell Matt?" he shouted nastily and finally I was fed up with the way he was treating everyone.

"Alex, you're such a dick." I said shoving him roughly from my lap and climbing out of the car. Thankfully we were by the bus and I went to walk inside. "What the hell Leah? Why do you have to be such a bitch?" Alex shouted at me after he climbed out of the car. My hand that was on the handle dropped and I turned quickly. "Really Alex? I'm being the bitch? I'm pretty sure you're the one who keeps snapping at everyone." I shouted at him. "Yeah, you're being a bitch! And I wouldn't have to snap if everyone wasn't so goddamn difficult." he shouted and my eyes narrowed. "You are the biggest asshole I know." I said while trying to fight back the tears that threatened to fall.

I loved Alex a lot and it hurt to hear him calling me a bitch. I yanked open the bus door and stomped up the stairs. Rian, Zack, and all of the crew were sitting in the front but I didn't even bother talking to them, I just stomped right by. "Whoa, what's going on?" Rian asked jumping up and following me but I didn't answer him as I pulled my blanket and pillow out of Alex's bunk. "Alex is being his usual delightful self." I snapped at Rian and then instantly regretted it. "I'm sorry Ri, I don't mean to snap. Alex is just being a royal dick and I just can't deal with it!" I said throwing my hands up. Rian went to put a hand on my shoulder when Alex came storming into the bunk area. "Leah." he said but I shook my head. "Alex, you better leave me alone or you're gonna be going back to the hospital." I snapped at him before going into the back lounge. Thankfully there was no one back there and I slammed the door in Alex's face before he could walk into the back and bother me.

*Alex's POV*

I sat in my bunk and pouted. Now not only was my head messed up but all of the guys and Leah were mad at me. I tried to get myself comfortable but the lack of Leah's warm body made it impossible. I sighed, I wasn't trying to be an asshole, and I just couldn't help it. I was in a lot of pain and it seemed like everyone was trying to get under my skin. I rolled over onto my side as I heard the guys wander into the back. "What the hell is Alex's problem? He made Leah cry." I heard Rian say and I felt guilty. I didn't want to make Leah cry, I loved her too much. "I don't know but he better change his attitude soon or Leah is gonna kill him in his sleep." I heard Jack say back. Once I heard them climb into their bunks I climbed out of mine. I walked to the back and knocked on the door.

I heard movement and then Leah pulled opened the door. "What do you want?" she asked and I frowned. Her eyes were red rimmed and she looked miserable. "I just want to talk to you, please can I?" I asked while reaching out to put my hand on her but she pulled away. "Yeah." she said before walking into the room. I walked in behind her and shut the door behind me. She watched me sit down and then placed herself as far as possible from me. I cursed myself silently and ran my fingers through my hair. "What do you want Alex? I'm tired so can you make this quick?" she asked and I nodded gently. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry Leah, I didn't mean to hurt you." I said and she looked up from her knees. "Well you did Alex and you can't expect me to just accept your apology." she snapped and I bit down on my lip.