Chapter 14

When I woke up I struggled to open my eyes. Finally after what seemed like forever I got them open but quickly shut them. The bright light burned and I groaned. "Baby, are you awake?" I heard Alex say softly and I could feel him come close. "I'm awake." I said and I struggled to get my eyes open again so I could see him. Finally I opened my eyes and Alex's face was the only thing I could see. His big brown eyes were full of worry and his hair fell into his eyes. "What time is it?" I asked trying to sit up but the sharp pain in my stomach made me lay back down. "It's almost midnight." Alex said softly grabbing my hand. "What happened?" I asked, everything was foggy after Alex making me breakfast.

"Your appendicitis was broken so they had to take it out." Alex told me seriously and I couldn't help but laugh at how he explained it. "It's not funny, the doctor said you must have been feeling the pain for hours, why didn't you tell me baby girl?" he asked and I shrugged. "I didn't want to worry you love." I said squeezing his hand and Alex rolled his eyes. "If you don't feel good I want you to tell me, okay?" he asked sternly and I nodded. "Yes, now come lay with me?" I asked sticking out my bottom lip and patting the bed beside me. Alex looked me over worriedly before sighing in defeat and climbing into the bed beside me.

"Did you do the show tonight?" I asked yawning widely as I snuggled into his chest. "Unfortunately, Matt said you would be sleeping and wouldn't miss me but I missed you." Alex told me sweetly and I just wanted to kiss him. "You're adorable Lex." I said softly and he chuckled. "You're adorable." he said before pressing his lips to my head. "When can we leave? I don't like hospitals." I said while snuggling into his chest hoping that the bad memories of the last time I was in a hospital would float away if he was close. "Tomorrow morning and we gotta rush to the next venue." Alex said while making shapes on my arm with his finger which was soothing. The memories of my last hospital visit flew out of my head but now it was filled with other bad things. I felt absolutely horrible; I was ruining the tour plans. If it wasn't for me then the guys would all be on the road by now and Alex wouldn't look so worried.

I was sitting there starting to feel worse and worse as I thought more but Alex must have seen my face because he gently grabbed my chin and brought me out of my daze. "What has you all upset pretty lady?" Alex questioned and I shook my head. "Come on, tell me. I'll make it all better, I promise." he said nuzzling our noses together. "I just, I feel bad. You guys should be on the road by now and you're not. What if you miss the show tomorrow?" I asked and Alex growled in frustration. He gently took my face between his hands and twisted my head so we were looking eye to eye. "I care about you more than tour; you are one of my top priorities. Leah, you could have died from this, I want you to worry about getting better and not tour. That's my job, you got that?" he inquired sternly as he leaned his forehead against mine. I nodded and he smiled at my response. "I love you, now get some sleep." Alex said pecking my lips and moving back to how we were lying before.

I sighed in contentment as he started stroking my hair and I could feel myself starting to fall asleep. Hours later I woke up to a lot of movement around the room and I rubbed at my eyes before opening them. I looked to see Matt pacing and Alex sitting in the chair talking to him. I cleared my throat after they didn't notice I was awake and both of their faces lit up. "Great, you're awake! I'm going to go get the doctor!" Matt said excitedly before walking out. I looked over at Alex questioningly and he shook his head. "Matt wanted to wake you up so we could leave but I insisted on letting you wake up on your own." he said sitting beside me and taking my hand gently. I scowled at him, he should have let him wake me up but either Alex didn't notice or didn't care but he didn't say anything about the look I was giving him.

When Matt walked back into the hospital room there was a doctor trailing behind him who looked like Matt had harassed him to get him in here. "Well," he said pausing for a moment to look at the chart that he must have gotten seconds before being forced in here. "Well, you had surgery early yesterday so you should be all good to go home now, how are you feeling?" he asked me and I gave him a smile. "I'm great, can I really go?" I questioned excitedly and the doctor chuckled before nodding. "Just gonna get a nurse in here to check you out and make sure everything is good and then you'll be out of here." the doctor said going to walk out and Matt followed him, probably stressing that this whole process needed to be speeded up. I looked over at Alex who was shaking his head.