Chapter 6

The next day I woke up to my alarm clock beeping loudly. I groaned and turned it off before rolling onto my back laying there for a couple moments. I really didn't feel like getting dressed and going out today. If I had my way I would just lay in bed all day but I knew I couldn't. I sighed and then stood up, gathering my clothes for work before heading to the bathroom. When I finished I came out and saw Chase had moved in his sleep and was now spread out and laying across the whole bed. I chuckled at him quietly before grabbing my cell phone off the charger and walking out of the room.

I walked down the hallway and grabbed my keys off the hook by the door before walking out. I really didn't feel like going to work today, I hoped Hannah wasn't scheduled to work. If she was working she would probably spend the day making snide comments under her breath like she usually did when she was mad at me. Then I would either get annoyed and say something rude back or just end up killing her. I stopped at Dunkin Donuts first, getting a coffee and a doughnut before driving towards work.

I hoped the coffee would be able to get me through this day without having a mental breakdown. When I finally got to work I went to pull into my usual spot and groaned when I saw Hannah's car parked there, her first way of telling me there she was pissed at me still. I took a large sip of my coffee before pulling into a different spot and getting out. I straightened my shirt and pulled up my jeans before shutting the door and walking inside. When I got in I walked quickly to the back and put my cell phone, ipod and wallet into my locker before punching in.

When I walked out to the floor I looked around and saw Jake standing at the front. "What's up?" I asked him before jumping onto the counter. "Nothing, we got a bunch of boxes of new CDs in today so you should probably bring them all out and put them away. Oh and I'm leaving at noon so you're in charge for the rest of the day." he said before pushing me off the counter. "Jake, you're a punk." I said as I stood up from the ground and going into the back to grab some boxes. Once I grabbed as many as I could carry I brought them out to the front. I started lining up CDs and restocking them when someone walked past me. "Slut." I heard hissed at me and I turned to see Hannah walking away.

I rolled my eyes and went back to what I was doing. If she wasn't my best friend and the first friend I made in Florida I would have her fired. I had the power to, I mean I was technically her boss but I decided not to be a bitch. I knew she needed the money for college and if she got fired she wouldn't have enough money when September came around to pay for it. Once I finished putting away some CDs I stood up and walked around the store making sure no one needed help and everything wasn't messy. There was practically no one there because it was only 11:30. I didn't understand why we opened so early, I didn't know anyone who went and bought CDs, movies or anything else we sold this early in the morning. "Alright, I'm leaving since we're obviously not busy. I'll see ya Leah." Jake said going to get his stuff and punch out. I stood at the register, leaning my head on my hand as I waited for someone to come buy something. I saw Hannah standing randomly in the back, glaring at me and doing nothing so I decided to talk to her.

"Hannah, can I talk to you?" I asked and she scowled quietly for a moment, obviously thinking about whether or not she should. I sighed, "Hannah, please?" I asked her again. Finally she started towards me, not looking any happier. When she got to me she put a hand on her hip, "What do you want?" she asked obviously very annoyed with me. "Look, can you please just let me explain before you hate me forever." I said while looking into her eyes and trying to convince her silently. "Fine." she said crossing her arms over her chest and looking at me.

I took a deep breath, "What I am about to tell you I haven't told many people about. So please, just let me finish before you say anything." I said nervously. I know I had told The Maine guys about this but I hadn't told them the whole story like I was about to tell Hannah. I hadn't told them why I moved away or anything extremely personal. She nodded and waited for me to start. "When I was 16 I lived in Maryland like you know and Jack and the rest of the guys were my best friends. Alex and I didn't get along at all until Jack and the rest of the guys forced us to hang out. Eventually we became friends and then we started dating. My parents didn't approve of him so we kept our relationship hidden from them. Eventually my mother found out and she beat the crap out of me." I took a deep breath, remembering back to that horrible night. "Well, I ended up telling my dad and my mom went nuts. They arrested her and the next day my father declared we were moving here. I didn't want to go and saying bye to Alex was one of the hardest things I ever had to do." I said, biting down on my lip as all the difficult memories came back.